˗ˋ 46

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

━━━ " 📂  " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

 ! chapter forty-six ─── ʚĭɞ

╰                                                               ╯

Miyeon stared down at the ground, back against the wall of the food shop

Miyeon stared down at the ground, back against the wall of the food shop. The world was just so cruel - how could others bully those who were so undeserving of such treatment, simply because they didn't deem them to uphold the same beauty standards they visioned themself in.

It was so harsh, and Miyeon just felt so sorry for Jugyeong. She would have to tell her that she knew of course, but the Hwang girl wasn't too fond of awkward conversations and had no idea how to combat those sorts of things.

She would most likely do it at school - well, ask her to go out for food that night with her and then let her know there. It was the least she could do, make Jugyeong as comfortable as she could whilst telling her something that would really make her feel the opposite.

Suho had disappeared with the ID and Miyeon wasn't exactly stupid. It was rather easy to figure out that Suho also knew about Jugyeong's real face, and had only been protecting her when he snatched the purse out of her hands.

But he had no idea it was too late and she had already seen. But, Miyeon supposed that Jugyeong would probably let him know that she knew after the Hwang girl revealed that she did.

She just hoped that this wouldn't ruin their friendship, or that she would say something wrong in an attempt to be understanding. Because Miyeon knew she could never understand that sort of thing, she would never know what it felt like, or never experience how others could be so demeaning to others because of their looks.

Miyeon wanted to stay Jugyeong's friend, of course she did - what type of person would she be if she didn't? But it just seemed to be a matter of whether or not Jugyeong was happy with that. But Miyeon had a gut feeling that Jugyeong would be happy if she wanted to remain friends with her.

But that heartbreaking thought would be saved for another time, as Miyeon's thoughts were distracted by the sound of the bullies and several others leaving the shop. Her jaw dropped open as she recognised the boys - it were those that her and Seojun had ran away from outside of the Karoke place.

"Oh shit." She mumbled, watching as the group moved out, one of the bullies telling the boys that it had to have been the girl from their old school.

"Wow, look who it is." The boy at the front of the crowd said, and Miyeon followed his gaze, landing on Chorong and Seojun. She could finally put faces to names, remembering various things from the past.

"Han Seojun is here." The main bully - a girl named Semi - said, arms crossed. "Shame, you just missed your girlfriend. Can't say her trip to New York did her any good."

"Girlfriend?" Seojun repeated, glancing around and his gaze landing on Miyeon, who was glaring over at the girl. "Hwang Miyeon? Ah, you really think I'm dating her?"

Her glare moved from the girl to him, and Seojun looked away, smirking slightly. "Let's have burgers another time." He said, turning to Chorong. "Let's go."

The two boys turned away, but Sungyong, who had been the one leading the chase against Seojun and Miyeon reached out, stopping them. "Hey, you. Why do you keep jetting whenever you see me?"

"We used to hang out together." Seojun's gaze fell from Sungyong to his arm, where the boy was punching him, several times. "Are you drawing a line now?" Sungyong scoffed. "I'm hurt."

"Lets not cause a scene." Forever collected, Seojun replied, although the corners of his lips threatened to turn upwards into the infuriating smirk her always had on.

"He's mad scary when he talks all serious." Another one of the boys said, pointing over at him, the girl he had his other arm around laughing.

Chorong through his drink at Sungyong, and it fell to the floor. "My bad, I thought this was a garbage can." He said, and Miyeon had to stop herself from laughing, not being able to turn away from the scene for even a fraction of a second.

Sungyong scoffed, wiping his sweater where the drink had hit him. "Do you want to die?" He threatened, arm swinging forward as he said so.

"Leave, unless you want to die." Seojun interrupted, blocking the punch by grabbing his jumper. "I don't want to waste my time with hoodlums like you anymore."

He let go of him, pushing him back into his friends. And within seconds, Sungyong was moving forward swiftly, fist raised. Miyeon winced, but the girl seemed to have at least some sense.

"Sungyong!" Semi said, grabbing his arm. "Let's just go."

"What? What will you do here?" Seojun was goading him, and Sungyong's hand appeared on his shoulder once again.

"When should we face off?" He asked, patting him on the arm until the Han boy threw him off.

"We'll see." Seojun replied, adjusting his jacket and turning away, pulling Chorong with him. He faltered for a moment, gaze turned to Miyeon, who shook her head, sliding off in the opposite direction, bags swinging on her arms.

Unaware that Sungyong was watching her, and what he was planning.