//Thwack//

(I appreciate that half of the chapter names are something really important to the chapter- like a key point- then the rest are the most unnecessary parts. Hence, this chapter name. T H W A CK

...ENJOY, LMAO.)

I opened my eyes groggily, a splitting headache greeting me cheerfully as the light that spilled in through my eyelashes.

"Where..." I murmured as I sat up, a folded wet towel falling off of my head. I observed my surroundings curiously as. I was sitting on the lone bed in the room, the light entering the room through a crack in the drawn curtains. 'It must be around late morning to early afternoon...' I thought as I reached towards the curtains to pull them aside.

I winced as my sudden movement made my numb headache pound, grabbing the side of my head. I went to lie back down with a sigh, when the memories of last night came flooding into my brain in an instant.

"Sh*t" I exclaimed, swinging my feet off the bed. I stood up and pulled the door open, running out of the room, leaving the door wide open. I followed the sound of clamouring of children to the kitchen and pushed open the door with a 'Bam!!'

I was met with the eyes of a large amount of children as they paused in their countless conversations. My eyes scanned the crowd quickly as I tried to discern the ravenhead and ginger from the crowd. "Oh, Y/N! You're awake-"

Alas, I caught no sight of either of the little sh*ts. I then turned on my heels and exited the room, jogging to my own.

"Wait, Y/N-!!" I heard one voice exclaim after me, followed by another.

"Where are you going?"

Ignoring the children's calls after me I ran, stopping by my room. 'Maybe I can still-!!' I grabbed my bag of things I found, still packed and resting on the floor beside my neatly made bed, dashing out the door to my room, ignoring the footfalls of several people behind me.

"Y/N, wait-!!" Oliver called after me and I scowled, gritting my teeth at the sound of his voice. I quickly reached for the door handle before he could catch up and yanked it open. To my shock, I met the equally shocked eyes of Emma and Ray themselves.

'They're...back? Then that means...' My bag fell from my hands and hit the floor with a 'thud!' I stayed staring emptily at the doorway as Ray quickly got over his initial shock and brushed past me as he walked inside.

"Y/N?" Emma asked anxiously as the children who'd followed me in pursuit arrived at the front hallway as well.

"Ray?" Anna asked as the ravenhead walked right passed all of them, several children tearing their eyes away from Emma and I to watch him leave.

"D-did you make the promise?!" It took me a moment to break free of my shock, grabbing hold of Emma's arms, my eyes wide as I stared into her bright green eyes.

Her eyes widened in shock, once more, for a moment before she covered it with a smile. "Yes!" She exclaimed happily, her eyes flicking to the side and back to mine. "We forged it! We can escape to the human world without anybody being chased or killed!"

The front hall erupted in cheers as the world fell around me. 'No way...'

"What about the reward?" Reina asked with a tilt of her head as I stood motionless, my hands falling from Emma's arms.

"Oh..." Emma smiled thinly. "It all worked out! It's fine!"

"Oh, that's great!" A sigh of relief rippled through the crowd.

I chewed on my lower lip and held back angry tears as I came back to reality. I stalked away from the crowd of happy children, not wanting to infect their celebration with my mood.