Part 38. The Battle of Betrayal

Hey Guys,

Here's another part. A lot of drama in this one. I hope you guys like it.

PS - I wanted to post this part yesterday as it was my birthday and I wanted to give you guys a birthday present from me but I was working all day and then my friends gave me a surprise in the evening and the whole day passed in a blur. Nevertheless, I managed to write this one today.

Also, you all can drop me long comments on this one as a birthday return present 😛

Enjoy the chapter!
—————————————————————————-

Manik and Nandini were back in Mumbai after spending an amazing weekend at Bangalore. The two of them had not only come back with more clarity on their career directions but also had had a good break from everything that was going on in their lives the past few days. The two of them felt energised enough to resume their responsibilities. Nandini had to start studying for her college exams now. Since she had spent her first year pursuing music and had moved to the science vocation only in the second year, she had to take all the first year and the second year exams together. They had convinced the principal to let her do so and that she could manage studying both the courses. But that would result in her being extremely busy for the next couple of months. Whereas Manik was prepping for the meeting they were going to take with one of the tier 2 music labels. He was strategizing on things that were important and non-negotiable for FAB5 versus things that could be compromised.

It was a bright Monday morning and Nandini was busy in the library making a 2 month plan on how she could cover the syllabus for both the years and also have enough time to revise before her exams. Manik, on the other hand, was just heading to the music room to discuss the negotiating strategy with FAB5 before they went for the meeting. As soon as he entered, he saw all his friends with the biggest smile on their faces. All of them looked very happy and excited and seemed to be planning something.

Manik - Hey guys. What's up?

Mukti - Manik.... Finally, tu aa gaya... Tera kabse wait kar rahe hai hum.

Manik - Subah ke 10 baje hai guys. Main itna bhi late nahi aaya .

Alya - Not about that stupid. We meant we're waiting for you all weekend. We have a big surprise for you.

Manik - Surprise? What surprise?

Cabir - I swear mann. We have amazing news. Tu agar hota na, you would have let go off your weekend trip also.

Manik - But hua kya hai. Can someone tell me?

Cabir - We took a meeting with Paramount music labels and they have offered us an album. Can you believe it?

Manik - What? How did this happen? Kuch din pehle tak toh bohot naatak kar rahe the woh log?

Dhruv - Haan. But humein laga ki we should take a meeting with them and try to convince them. So maine unhe call kiya and set up a meeting. Humne unhe humaare kuch puraane songs bhi sunaye and they loved them. Humare music ka fan ho gaya woh.

Manik - WHAT? YOU called them?

Dhruv - Haan.

Manik - Are you mad Dhruv? Why the hell did you call them?

Cabir - Arrey, par kya farak padta hai agar humne phone kiya toh? Woh meeting se humaara fayda hi toh hua na?

Manik - You don't get it Cabir. That Paramount labels ka CEO is a vulture. He has been accused with a lot of sexual harassment and casting couch cases recently. Ab woh rumours aur scandal se media ka attention divert kar raha hai by claiming to the world that he supports homosexuality and that's why he hired us. Not because of our music. Don't you all fucking read the news?

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें