46

Without warning, I'm gasping for air and choking on salt water.

-
-
-

Cedric looks at me confused.

"What are they calling you about?" He asks suspiciously.

I still don't want to tell him, worried that it'll just get him worked up, so I quickly come up with a white lie.

"It's nothing I'm sure. They probably just have some inside info to tell us or something." I shrug innocently, standing up and heading out the door, leaving no time for him to ask any questions.

I head out of the common room quickly, rounding the corner towards Mcgonagall's office, where I see Ginny and Kira walking a little ways ahead.

I catch up to them and throw my arms around their shoulders, startling the both of them.

"Bloody hell Bella, scared the shit out of me!" Ginny yells.

I laugh and look at Kira's face which has recovered, but now looks sickly nervous as we get closer to Mcgonagall's office.

"What's wrong Ki?" I ask concerned.

She looks at me, and I can tell her face is almost green.

"What are they doing with us for the challenge? What if it's the champions challenge to save us from something and Malfoy doesn't save me in time? What if they just leave us to die if the champions fail? I have a whole future ahead! I'm not ready to die-"

"Kira, calm down!" I exclaim, cutting off her rambling.

She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath to calm herself.

"The school won't leave us to die, Ki. First of all, they'd get sued to the point where they're bankrupt. Second of all, they're not about to kill off four innocent students for the purpose of a challenge. Hogwarts would never be the same." I state matter of factly.

She takes another deep breath and nods her head, her face almost immediately turning back to normal.

"Yeah, we'll be fine. Besides, Draco's a foul git, but he's a Slytherin, meaning he's ambitious. I'm willing to bet he'd do anything to save those he genuinely cares about." Ginny comforts, causing us both to laugh a bit.

We eventually reach Mcgonagall's office, where the door is cracked open slightly.

I push it open all the way, revealing Cormac and Mcgonagall just chatting in front of her desk.

It's interesting that he and Mandy are dating. That never happened in the books or movies from what I'm aware of.

"Oh! There you three are. Please, come in." Mcgonagall ushers us hurriedly.

We all step in the door, closing it behind us.

"We don't have much time, so I'm going to explain this quickly. As you all know, today is the second challenge of the tournament. In this challenge, you four are going to be put under a spell, and then you will be chained down deep in the black lake-"

"What?! That's insane! We could easily drown or-"

"Please, Miss Fowler, let me finish," Mcgonagall cuts Kira off sternly. "You will be brought to the bottom of the lake where you will be guarded by merpeople. It will be the champions jobs to save you all within the hour. Do not worry though, we have a safety team ready to save you if your champion fails to do so." Mcgonagall explains calmly.

We all relax at that last part, relieved that they do in fact have a plan if our champion is not successful.

"We have already gotten permission from your parents to put you under the sleeping spell, so technically since you are all underage, you do not have a choice here. Henceforth, let's do this the easy way with no resistance, agreed?" She asks with her eyebrows raised, daring us to challenge her.