𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒; 𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒: 𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍

"Death...oh my gods I'm actually doing to die.."

'LET ME SEE YOUR HEAD." Annabeth demanded as she stood in front of Eris.

Eris leaned down and felt Annabeth part her dreadlocks to look at her wound from cracking her head against the bus. She hissed when she felt Annabeth gently poke it.

Annabeth sighed. "Stand back up. You'll be fine. I wish we had more ambrosia but the piece I already gave you will have to do," she told Eris. "Let's get going."

They restarted their walk through the woods along the New Jersey river bank.

"Thanks you guys," Eris said quietly, rubbing her arm. "F-For saving me I know I didn't do anything but-"

"But? What are you talking about? You killed a fury all by yourself," Annabeth said, nudging her shoulder. "You did great."

Eris didn't believe her. All she did was kill a fury and it was completely by luck she killed it at all. All she did was cry and hide behind Annabeth or Percy. She was nothing but dead weight.

Grover nodded, "Yeah without you we'd be fury food," he shivered at the thought. "Three kindly ones. All three at once."

Annabeth grabbed Eris' hand and pulled her forward. "Come on, pick up the pace guys. The farther away the better."

"All of our money is back there," Percy told her. "Our food and clothes. Everything."

Eris sighed at the thought. Her beloved sketch book was gone. All the hours of drawing and coloring gone to waste. She spent months trying to finish filling that sketch book.

Annabeth scowled. "Well maybe if you hadn't decided to jump into the fight-"

"What did you want me to do? Let you guys get killed?" Percy protested.

"You don't need to protect me, Percy. We would've been fine."

Speak for yourself. They would've killed me without a second thought.

"Sliced like bread." Grover said. "But fine."

"Shut up goat boy," Annabeth replied quickly.

There was a flash of light behind Eris and she glanced behind her to see Willow walking behind her casually with a small grin on her face. Eris gently tugged her hand free from Annabeth. "Uh, why don't you guys walk up? I need a minute to myself."