1.3

a/n : ok love this chapter sorry it's been forever i'm a mess lol

✰✰✰

BRUCE AND SPENCER WERE STARING AT EACH OTHER.

It was possibly one of the first times Spencer had ever really dared to disagree and argue with Bruce. Which was moderately impressive, in Bruce's eyes, but he was still not willing to give in.

"I'll call mom," Spencer warned, cringing at her own threat. Truth was, she hadn't spoken to Nicole in a while, and she didn't plan on it. But if that's what it took to get Bruce to stop staring at her with those stupid wires in his hands, fine, she'd do it.

But her threat didn't have much pull - Bruce didn't give in. He didn't even look close to giving in.

"It's just a monitor," he argued, and Spencer's face scrunched unwillingly as she shifted away from him some more. "Spence - oh, come on, it'll just take a minute!"

Bruce didn't get to finish his argument as Spencer was practically running for the door, realizing that Bruce wasn't giving in any time soon.

But just as her hand fell on the door, Spencer noticed the woman just outside.

Natasha.

Reluctantly, Spencer pulled the door open.

"Hi Spencer," Natasha greeted, and Spencer gave her a forced smile before trying to move out the door.

Bruce called out, "Spencer."

Spencer didn't know if it was because of her expression, or the fact that she was practically sprinting away from necessary tasting, but her hair flipped as she looked back to him. Lowly, she asked, "What?"

"I just need ten minutes," he pleaded, and Spencer was still not convinced at all, but now... well, now freaking Natasha Romanoff is staring at her, watching as she acted like a complete baby about the test.

So her hand fell off the door handle. "Fine," she caved, taking her seat on the lab table. "Ten minutes," she told him, slowly, locking eyes with her father. Her teeth were gritted as Bruce felt relieved. "That's it."

Bruce sent her a silent thank you, then finally acknowledging the other woman. "Hey, Tasha," he greeted, glancing over at her. "How are you?"

Spencer began to swing her legs uncomfortable, the sound of her heel hitting metal of the lab table making both adults look at her.

"I'm good," Natasha said, her eyes pulling away from Spencer and over to Bruce. "But not for long - Tony's got a mission."

The words didn't strike Spencer as important at first. She knew that Iron-Man always had something to do - all the Avengers did, really, with the exception of yours truly, Dr.Bruce Banner. But by the way, he stilled, and Natasha's eyes glanced between the two Banners, Spencer understood.