TWENTY ONE

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan."

"Oh finally. We've been in this car for eight hours straight." Elsie replies, taking her headphones off and hopping out of the car.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asks

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?"

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan shrugs

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend." Klaus starts, "Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun. Chicago was magical."

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan says

"Going to get down to business, then?"

"Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?
Klaus: We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." Klaus walks over to the car door which is being held open by one of his minions.

*
CHICAGO- CIRCA NINETEEN TWENTY

Looking around the bar, Violet's eyes settle on Rebekah, who is staring at someone unfamiliar. Rebekah stops dancing and pulls Violet over to a group of boys who are talking and laughing rather loudly.

"Sorry to crash the fun, boys, but some of us actually came here to hear the music. Not you."

"I am so sorry, sweetheart. Are we offending you?"
The man looks around to his friends and laughs with them

Rebekah walks closer, running her finger down the guy's cheek, "It would take a lot more than a baby face like this to offend me."

Rebekah and Violet are about to leave when the guy runs forward and stops them, "Ahem. Hey, hey. You ever going to tell me your name?"

"Sure. When you earn it. Now do Gloria a favor and stick a sock in it."

Violet and Rebekah go back to the dance floor, each finding a guy and dancing with them.

*
Klaus, Stefan, Elsie and Violet walk into the quiet bar. It's empty, apart from an old woman Violet recognises as Gloria.

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?"

"I can't believe this place is still here."

"You got to be kidding me." Gloria says

Klaus smiles, "So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender-"