Chapter 1

The last day of middle school was coming to an end. All of the kids were showing off their quirks and saying how they all wanted to enroll at a hero school and become the number 1 hero.

"Okay guys settle down now! Get your bags ready so you can leave and enjoy your upcoming summer break!" Our teacher exclaimed while some of her snakes from her head celebrated.

I started to pack my book bag and line up near the door so I could be one of the first to leave. Everyone in this school was fake to each other there was no fucking way any of these losers could become heros.

"Y/N! Hey! Can I ask you for a favor before we leave?" Suzan, the bratty ass popular girl came up to me. I looked at her and nodded letting her know to continue.

"Okay so you know James right? The hot guy who definitely likes me?! Okay so he gave me a note and told me to read it on summer break buttt I want to know what he's thinking of me! Do you think you can tell me what he's thinking pleaseeee!" She pleaded while giving me puppy dogs eyes.

I mentally smacked her across the face and looked over at James. I started hearing some of his thoughts and then got a clear voice of his.

'Hah, she looks so dumb drooling all over me. Wait until she finds out that I have a girlfriend!'

I turned back over to Suzan and put on a fake smile. "Oh my god! He said that he can't wait to kiss you!" I raised up my eyebrows to project a surprised face and I saw her flip her hair into my face.

"Of course he would! Ugh thanks a lot girl! That quirk of yours might not be good to become a hero but you can definitely get all the boys and girls you want with it." She gave out her signature bratty smile and started walking towards James with her hands on her hip.

The class bell rang and I was the first one out of the door. I whipped out my phone while walking back to my apartment. My father isn't in my life anymore due to him having complications with some mafia shit he was in. My mother is working overseas right now to support me and herself. Every month she sends me the money to pay for the apartment and other shit I need.

"I'm home." I yell out to nobody. It has become a habit to say hello, goodbye and thank you for the meal even when I'm alone. It feels as if my parents were still with me.

I walked over to my room and started unpacking everything from my book bag from my now previous middle school. I put everything away and took a shower and put on some comfortable clothes.

I went to the kitchen and started making some dinner for myself. While in the middle of stirring some ingredients together I received a notification on my phone and I checked to see what it was.

'Want to become a pro hero? UA High School will be hosting their entrance exam 10 months from today! We can't wait to see all of your quirks!'

"UA high... Interesting." I murmured to myself while seasoning the food. Once I had finish cooking the food I got on my laptop and started researching about UA's requirements and how to get in. It was pretty straightforward just like the email said, I just had to attend their entrance exam and hope I got in that way.

*time skip 10 months to the entrance exam day*

Throughout the course of 10 months I had been researching ways to try to get in shape and build up my stamina. My dinner nights which consisted mostly of just food that I liked to eat turned into pure greens and grilled chicken with the occasional cheat meal here and there.

I had trained myself on how to use shurikens, kunai knives and just regular hand to hand combat.

I rushed in the morning trying not to get to the entrance exam late. I put on my normal workout clothes that I would wear and started making my way over to UA.