𝓦𝓮𝓵𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓗𝓸𝓶𝓮

"We are not crazy"

"We are not crazy".

✰✰

December 21st, 1919 Stone County Lunatic Asylum

Addison Marie Brandon squirmed and squirmed in the arms of the guards trying to reach for her twin sister who was in the very same predicament only a few inches away but the iron-like grip of the burly male guards it was proven impossible...

"We are not crazy! He planned this whole thing because we found out the truth! Why won't you listen to me!" she shouted before choosing to use the rest of her energy by lurching towards the man she grew up calling a father, suddenly not recognizing the monster wearing his skin as a suit...

A pained groan fell from her lips as one of the nurses suddenly jabbed a sharp needle in her neck injecting her with something from a syringe, something that made her feel really woozy...

"You're a liar, you're a liar" she whimpered before falling limp in the arms of her captors as her vision began to dot...

All Addison could hear was the scared cries coming from Mary Alice and the mocking sobs coming from her monster of a father, "oh, my poor poor babies"... And then her eyes rolled into the back of her head as it all went pitch black...

✰✰✰

December 22nd, 1919 Stone County Lunatic Asylum

Addison Marie woke up feeling completely sick to her stomach as her head pounded with every movement as she took in her new surroundings which was nothing but torn padded walls and a yellowed lumpy mattress with springs hazzardly poking out.

She slowly climbed to her feet ignoring the sudden shaking in her knees, "hello? hey someone let me out" her voice was nothing but a weak croak as her palms smacked against the foam of the padded door, the punches only getting harder as her anger grew..

"Hey! Someone let me out right now!" She growled doing the only thing she could think of in such a small space, repeatedly tossing her body against the door over and over while shouting the same words like a mantra...

"Let me out, let me out, you let me out this instant!"

✰✰✰

The sudden sound of the locks clicking made her pause almost tripping 8over her own two feet as she scrambled away from the foam door with wild eyes filled with fear... "Miss Addison, have you finally calmed down?"

A chilling glare darkened her features as the door swung open revealing the same two guards from before and a doctor... "I want my sister. I- I want Mary Alice right now" the doctor clicked his tongue before scribbling something down on his board of papers piquing her curiosity.

"Ah Mary Alice has already been placed in a room and has already received some treatments, you, however, have refused to cooperate with us".

Addison Marie but down on her tongue holding back the urge to scream at the man choosing to take the polite route, "I- I don't belong here and neither does my sister, this- this is all a huge misunderstanding-" her brown eyes flicked down to the white name tag on the boring white lab coat wanting to know the name of the man who was going to falsely diagnose her... "Doctor Arden"...

"Ah yes Miss Mary Alice said the exact same thing, it's not uncommon for twins to take each other's sides or even share the same mental illnesses"... Addison's eyes narrowed and she did something her stepmother would have deemed unladylike... She spit directly on the doctor...

"We are not crazy".

✰✰

Doctor Arden's fake smile suddenly dropped to a terrifying frown as he watched the saliva slowly dripped off his pristine jacket before turning to glare at the younger girl as he cleaned the spit off with a handkerchief.

"Very well then... boys take her down to the nurse's station and then bring her to me for her very first treatment" his words were sharp and venomous as he stepped closer making Addison take a scared step backwards...

"You're going to learn some serious manners, little girl"...

Addison suddenly felt terror course through her bones as the two burly guards came towards her with wicked grins and she tried her best to escape but nothing worked as the men tightly gripped a hold of her arms, dragging her out of the padded room and into the dimly lit hallway...

"NO! I WANT MARY ALICE! WE ARE NOT CRAZY! JUST LISTEN TO ME!"

✰✰✰

Addison Marie struggled and squirmed as the four guards roughly tossed her on the lumpy medical bed, two of the guards yanking on her legs and tightening the leather straps as the other two worked on tying her arms down with the coarse leather that tore and cut into her skin when she tugged on the restraints.

"Miss Brandon are you familiar with electroshock therapy" Doctor Arden's words only made her tug on the straps with more urgency...

"Electroshock therapy is a psychiatric treatment in which seizures in the brain are electrically induced in patients to provide relief from mental disorders, we've recently done this treatment on your sister but something tells me this treatment won't help you as much".

Addison Marie's panic only contuined to grow as Doctor Arden placed the equipment on her temples before harshly shoving the mouthguard in-between her teeth muffling her screams and pleads for help. "Don't worry this'll only hurt for a moment"...

Addison's body violently lurched as the electricity zapped her skull frying her brain and making her scream and sob louder behind the gag as it happened over and over, her body convulsing and lurching at the pain...

"Welcome Home, Addison Marie"...

✰✰✰

A/n~ I'm gonna skip a lot of dates just a warning, and feel free to comment any thoughts or criticism. <3 Jade