7: You Did This

"Itachi... what are you doing here?" I asked while quickly getting to my feet.

I was grateful I had kept the lamp on to read, I had plenty of shadows to work with now.

"I can't come see my favorite girl?" he asked with a small smile.

I stared into his dark eyes, the ones I had loved so deeply. But over the last 5 years, I realized that every time I saw him, there was a little less light in his eyes than the time before.

I looked at him hesitantly. I knew he loved and cared about me, but he was so unpredictable... and he was way too close to Shikamaru. I had to get him away from the house.

I swallowed before I spoke up, "Tell me why you're here."

"I came for you, of course."

"For me?" I asked in a whisper.

"Well, I came to take you actually."

My eyes widened at his words, "T-take me?"

"Sasuke is leaving the village tonight, and I can't have you interfering."

"Sasuke?! Why is he leaving!?"

"He'll never get strong enough to kill me with Kakashi training him... And he's finally realized that. Unfortunately, I think you're the only one who could stop him, so I have to make sure that doesn't happen."

"Itachi, don't do this. Don't let your brother ruin his life," I pleaded with him.

"Ruin his life?" he smirked. "I'm helping him fulfill his ultimate goal. Don't you see that?"

"To kill you?! That's not a goal worth having."

"Well of course you would say that... You do love me after all. But Sasuke, he hates me. And he should."

"Or do you not love me anymore? I did overhear your little conversation with that pathetic excuse for a jonin..."

I couldn't stop the tears from welling up in my eyes. Itachi ruined his life. He ruined mine. I couldn't let him ruin Sasuke's.

"I'm sorry Itachi, I can't let you do this."

He smiled, "I thought you'd say that."

He quickly activated his sharingan.

"Shadow Blinding!" I called out as a brought my hands together.

A shadow covered his eyes, blinding him temporarily. A jutsu from my kekkei genkai.

I quickly wrapped a shadow around his body and chucked him out of the room. He crashed through the wall and flew outside.

Hopefully with the sound, people will come to help me and he'll retreat.

I took off out of the room, hoping to see Itachi's body smashing into the ground. Instead, I ran smack into Itachi's fish friend.

"Hey there, Y/n. It's been awhile."

I screamed as he snatched me up and bolted away. Itachi had recovered from my blow and was now right behind us.

I was thrashing around in Kisame's arms, desperately trying to break free.

"Keep her still Kisame! I'll get her under a genjutsu!"

"Bite me!" I screamed as I relentlessly tried to find an opening. My mind and heart were both racing, and I couldn't think clearly.

Seeing Itachi, hearing about Sasuke, being kidnapped, I was unable to think of anything. Forming a plan of escape definitely wasn't going to happen, so I just kept panicking.