Chapter 21

Either I've seen the light
Or I'm losing my mind
There's something 'bout you
That's got me dazed and confused

I slowly start to wake up when I feel a particularly cold breeze rush across my back and hear a few birds singing nearby

The sensation strikes me as odd until I blink my eyes open and realize that I'm outside. I also realize that it's morning. The watercolor sky is blanketed in whispy clouds, creating a beautiful sunrise.

It takes a few more moments for my mind to wake up and catch up with the rest of my body. But once it does, I realize the extent of the situation I am in right now.

Not only am I in my underwear outside on one of the beach chairs by the pool. But I also seem to be laying on a shirtless Harry.

I remember what happened last night. I wasn't drunk to the point of forgetting events. Some things are a bit more fuzzy than other things, though.

I remember swimming with Harry last night probably most vividly out of everything that happened last night. It was so intense.

It was like one moment we were singing and laughing and then the next moment I was wrapped around him, breathing heavily from how thick the air felt between us.

I wanted to kiss him so badly last night. I remember that very well. The urge to do so was so strong and my whole entire body was practically pulsating with need for him.

As badly as I wanted to kiss him last night, I wouldn't have initiated it. Harry seems like a very guarded person and I can tell that he is an anxious person too. I would never want to push his boundaries.

My head is currently resting on Harry's chest with my legs straddling him and my arms wrapped around his torso. It's almost like sleep me was scared that he would be ripped away from me.

Harry's arms are wrapped around me too. One resting along the small of the back and his other hand seeming to be resting just at the top of my ass.

I can tell from the little snores I hear above me, and the steadiness of his heartbeat, that Harry's still asleep.

With him still asleep, that gives me the perfect time to overthink about how I clearly have developed feelings for him.

The way that my stomach is fluttering from laying on him like this, listening to his calming heartbeat and feeling his warm skin against my own, is proof of the fact.

This is bad. We are a week into this trip and I now have a crush on Harry.

I didn't plan for this to happen.

What the hell do I do now?

Maybe he has feelings for me too. I mean, the way he was acting with me last night and the words he was saying leads me to believe that he might feel something for me.