Chapter 23 - Empty shell

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

*thwump*

Silence. That's all that could be heard in the training room.

*thwump*

Or not.

*thwump*

The punching bag shook and powder flew off of the sides. Saiph's hands were starting to get sore, glancing at them momentarily, she adjusted her hand straps and started to practice again. Getting into position, she threw a punch. One from above, under, to the left and to the right. Taking a few steps back she took a breath in, then she ran forward, jumped, wrapping her legs around the punching bag and swinging around till she rolled onto the floor. Saiph wiped the sweat off of her brow, and she jogged over to her pile where her robes and her bag was, it was 17:00. She nodded slightly in approval, she had been there for good few hours... Asking some of the Jedi masters above her for permission to extend her time training alone, Saiph had not stopped practicing until she had her techniques completely perfected to the core.

"Um... excuse me Padawan Carian?" A small voice spoke, and Saiph turned around. It was a group of younglings.

"We... we we-were told it was our chance to train here with our master." One of the younglings up front said, they were nervous, perhaps she had intimidated them.

Saiph glanced at the small group, they were all behind one, at the front, who seemed to be slightly older than the rest of them. She gave them a small,
Short smile and scooped her things up quickly. "Of course, I do apologize, I seemed to have lost track of time."

As she walked past the small group of younglings, they made way for her, all moving to the side and she felt their eyes follow her, with some whispers of, "Is that master Kenobi's padawan?"

Saiph's bit the inside of her cheek and continued to walk. Slipping on her shoes as she went, she hopped on one- shaky leg, going around a corner.

However, as she was paying little attention, in a split-second, she bumped straight into someone.

"Oomf-" the other person exclaimed, backing up. Saiph did the same and quickly bowed to apologize, as did the other person- causing them to bump heads together.

"Oh my goodness-"

"I am so sorry!"

"Nono worries, it's my fault, really!"

"I shouldn't have cut the corner-"

When Saiph got back up, she opened her eyes to meet none other than Bariss Offee.

"Hello Saiph." She said, grabbing her gently by the arms to stabilize her from tipping over, "Are you alright?"

Saiph nodded but didn't speak. She composed herself and nodded in thanks, mumbling some sort of "Thank you..." before backing away. Lately, she had not been in the mood to talk to other individuals unless absolutely necessary.

If someone were to ask her how she was doing, Saiph wouldn't be able to tell you anything kind, after all, she couldn't lie. The self work she had been trying to do to cope with the fear of failure and rejection? Gone. Her anxieties? Increased. Her coping mechanism? Training.

Bariss had tried to approach her a few times already, but Saiph had pushed her back. She knew that she shouldn't be doing it, but it somehow felt better to do that, than open up to everyone and be the centre of attention.

She knew she was afraid, but everyone was gone. Ahsoka had just left with Anakin on their mission to, "Find Obi Wan's murderer." according to Anakin.

*FLASHBACK*

"Saiph!"

Saiph turned around, Ahsoka was running towards her.

"Where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you!" She exclaimed, grabbing both of Saiph's hands as she looked into her eyes, laced with concern and care.

"I was just about to train for a few hours." Saiph replied, her face unmoving, her eyes heavy.

Ahsoka furrowed her eyebrows and clasped Saiph's face between her hands, Saiph's eyes widened in surprise, and tried to protest as her cheeks were squished together, trapping her lips. "You know I know I care about you, right Saiph?"

"Mhmmmfff." She replied, lips still pinched.

"Don't hurt yourself. You hear me? You've been working too hard lately."

Ahsoka continued to stare at Saiph, "I want you to understand and tell me you know what I mean."

She let go of Ahsoka.

Saiph sighed, "I understand..."

"Good." Ahsoka smiled softly, but her comm beeped, ending the moment short. "I have to go, but we'll be back soon."

As she ran away, Saiph could make out Ahsoka shouting, "I told Bariss to keep an eye on you!!"

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Once Saiph finally made it to her dorm room, and after cleaning herself up, she sat on the floor in front of her bed, crossed her legs and closed her eyes. She tried to focus on what was around her... She couldn't see anything, or feel anything.

Little did she know that that would have been the catalyst for her rest of her problems.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Wow! So... I'm not dead 😅😅
I'm not gonna explain really everything that's been going on, butttttttt I want y'all to know that now I will be trying to get back on schedule!

Thank you so much for your patience.

★彡