Capther 1: An (almost) normal day

Desiree wakes up frowning at the annoying of work on the road.

Beep beep.

A nice way to wake up, the woman thinks looking at the phone to see the time.

9.37 AM

Not even 4 hours of sleep.

She turns over in bed trying in every way to muffle the infernal sound, when she realizes, that there is no way that that's happen, she starts to look badly at the open window, hoping, completely unrealistic, to make it close with magic.

After 5 minutes of intense looking at the stupid window, she turns to chilling at her back.

"Could you have let me be born in a world of magic? Harry Potter if I could choose, but also a random world. Walter magical little finger? Byron and the magic of cabron?" she asks any gods or superhero who can hear her.

After fifteen minutes of fervent fantasy: in which she imagines herself teleporting to where the magic exists and than close that damned window. Or eliminate the noise.

Or the people, it didn't make much difference to the girl.

She gets out of bed heading to the kitchen for that yummy, super long, super yucky, coffee.

Desiree carefully avoids mirrors: "I'm too young to die of heartbreak." she murmurs in a low voice as she makes her coffee and goes to her works studio.

"Take two steps back, put your lazy ass on the kitchen table chair. Congratulations, you've arrived at your destination." She says in a monotone voice, bursting out laughing after a minute of complete silence.

No sleep is felt, she thinks sipping her coffee and turning on the computer.

She has two unread e-mails received from her work office.

Request to translate two article: the first pseudo-scientific by a pseudo-doctor unknowing to the world: on the effects of the distance between souls mates; the second a testimony how to live happily ever after with more than five bonds.

She opens the second article, curious and relaxed by the simplicity of the reading:

"Testimony of An Bae Long: living with my wife and her other 5 husbands."

She quickly reads the Chinese article, laughing and snorting at the anecdotes, he wanted to include in his writing.

"This An has a sense of humor that ... I like." Desiree says, when she finishes to read and goes back to check for the funniest parts to underline them, so she can reread them in moments of sadness and she adds them to her file for these occasions. <Don't cry. There are puppies and...dumb.>

She plays a random playlist of classical music and immediately gets to work to translate it in English, continuing to drink her coffee no-stop.

When her American coffee finished, she decides to look away from the computer and stretch like the cat, she pretends to be.

It's been a couple of hours in the same position, so she goes to the bathroom to take a shower and finally put on some less wrinkled clothes.

After a shower, and feeling more like a human than a worm, she gets dressed to buy something to eat.

"There are workers who go shopping instead of poor people like me, busy and full of work. Or with no desire to go outside." she says to the empty house: "If it exists, please come in front of my door and leave me one of those business cards."