Part 12

Heyo~
U know...I am sooo sorry for the last chapter being out late, heh. I decided to finish this one before doing anything else- for u guys/girls👌😊
Hope u enjoy and...have a wonderful morning/evening/night?

Mia P.O.V

What's wrong with Loki?

Loki turned to face Tasha with an annoyed look and Tasha just replied with, "If you're not answering any of my questions then why should I help you, anyway Tony won't be too pleased with that."

I looked down and saw blood all over the floor. She's right, Tony won't be that happy with his floor covered in red. I meowed in agreement, which -annoyingly- brought the attention towards me. Tasha looked at me then Loki, "What kind of relationship do you have with Mia?"

Loki looked down at me then responded with something I didn't want to hear, "I have no clue what this pathetic creature is and why would I know, this varmint is worthless, nonetheless."
I felt so small. Why would he say that? Did he not care?
I meowed in question and looked Loki in the eye- is this true? He looked back with hatred and I patted my way out of the room. I walked into the other room linked with the bathroom before taking a run towards the door that led into the corridor.

I slowed down and walked passed the closed doors, it felt the same as before. Before Loki arrived. Before the Avengers came to collect me. Before I found a family.

But now...everyone is gone- in their ways. They have each other, but me? I only have Tasha and most of the time she's outside, doing whatever she does. And the times I am with her, Clint glares at me. He never has been a cat person- I mean he is a bird- but still, he doesn't need to glare. Does he?

He does. No one needs you, after all, Loki said you're pathetic and worthless. He said it for a reason, don't you think?

The voice in my head was right, I am useless.

I reached the room where the Avengers were still watching whatever they were. I saw a spot in the corner of the room and went to it. It was dark, warm and no one to bother me. In short, it was a perfect place.

I lay down, enveloping myself with my black tail that looked as if it was dipped in pure white. The black and the white contradicted against each other. I hated that. I looked different towards any other cat.

Flashback:

I sat huddled in the corner, ignoring every human walking around finding a perfect pet for them. All the other cats walked around reaching out for people and acting like delightful kittens but not me.

I couldn't be bothered to be honest. I hated acting like someone I wasn't. A ginger friend of mine patted his way towards me and lowered his face, sitting down slowly, looking around and then speaking, "Hey you okay?"
This wasn't like him- Max doesn't normally come and randomly ask out of the blue.

"So, what's wrong Max. Something the matter?" I looked up from my paw, that I was licking and then meowed. Max rubbed his ears then looked around- and...he's nervous.

Yeah, I know my friend very well, maybe because...he is my only friend around here and the only cat I know well, anyways. He and I go very back- I guess you can say we're like siblings.
I was found in the streets- left in the trash, in the dark, in the rain- by an old man. He was a kind old-timer known by the name of Stan Lee. Everyone around knew him but before long, he died.
Max found me pondering the streets after Stan's funeral on a rainy day and showed me towards the pet shop. I got cleaned, dried and had a great nap. But one thing was wrong: everyone ignored me. The only literal cat or animal that talked to me was Max- and I was grateful don't get me wrong but- it just didn't feel like I belonged there.

Back to where I was, Max sounded off, "Ok, your right. I'm here because I'm going to leave in two days," Wait, what?! He can't leave, Max is the only reason I bother to stay here anyway so why leave now? Max must've seen my reaction even though it would have looked as if I didn't care at all but he knew me too well.
"Hey, it's ok. Maybe my new owner lets me go outside by myself, then I could talk to you and keep you updated, yeah?" I knew he was just trying to keep me happy but I didn't want to be such a pain towards Max so I faked smiled- doing the most promising one I could muster- and nodded, "Yeah, you go ahead, during the days we have together we'll have as much fun as you want, sounds good?"
Max nodded and smiled- the last one I ever saw from him ever again.

Tony P.O.V

I got up from the couch, after realising that I had a few touch-ups to a project that I was working on with Brucie. I stretched and scratched the back of my neck, walking to the island table that was surrounded with tables.

I grabbed a cup and made a cup of coffee half-awake, I was used to it. I noticed a small ball of fur in the corner of the room. I looked to my coffee then Mia and then my coffee then Mia and then put my coffee down and put one step forwards. I shook my head, I grabbed my coffee and chugged it all down my throat before putting the empty cup down and walked to Mia and when I reached her I held my hands out and bent down to grab her. I stood up and turned on my heels- holding warm Mia close to my face- and walked to my lab.

Hope u enjoyed and plz forgive me?😫
I am sooo sorry and I hope this chapter made it up for u guys/girls
Happy morning/evening/night?
Words: 1049

Bye-bye
-Storytime