𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲

𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐙𝐘

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 : 𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 - 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒚 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒍 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆

"Well, you're all free to go. Wound seems to be healing nicely. Just apply this every night before bed and it should be fine."

Star nodded, and soon the nurse left. A few days had passed since the incident, and Star was slowly healing nicely. Thanks to Terra's dad, healing faster than usual. Lifting up her shirt slightly, the blood-stained bandage was plastered to her skin, the scab under feeling itchy. Resisting the temptation, she slid her shirt back on, jumping off the hospital bed before exiting the infirmary.

"So, you free to go?" Star nodded at Sky, who leaned against the wall. He joined her as they walked down the hallways, as he kept glancing at her to make sure she wouldn't suddenly collapse. Star stared back, noticing the dark circles under his eyes, and his blond hair sitting even messier than usual. She was aware that Sky had spent every day since her accident by her side, not sleeping properly as the infirmary's chairs weren't made for sleeping in. "What class you got now?"

"Just a practical magic one with Miss Dowling." Star shrugged, knowing now that she inevitably had to attend class. "You should get some sleep, Sky. I know you've been spending every day by my side but I'm fine now."

He chuckled, shaking his head. "Star, I know you. Probably better than anyone else. You'd say you're fine even if you were bleeding out."

"Well, trust me, okay? I'm good. Safe inside the Barrier." Star hesitated before saying, rose tint across her cheeks.

Sky stared at her unconvinced, but nodded. "Okay."

A comfortable silence drapped over them, as their hands brushed against each other, but none of the two daring to grab the warmth of the other. "So, how's Silva?"

A worried gaze flashed across Sky's gaze before attempting to look calm, not wanting to cause Star any worry. "He's doing alright thanks to Professor Harvey, but they still haven't found the burned one that wounded him. At least Aisha killed the one that scratched you. I don't think I could handle the worrying over your life."

Star softly smiled, resting a hand on his arm. "Well, unfortunately for you, I'm stuck to your side. Nothing's getting rid of me yet."

"I won't let it." Sky muttered, lowering his voice as he tucked a strand of black hair behind Star's ear. A look of surprise and endearment was written in Star's eyes as she looked up at him. Maybe it was nearly losing Star that made Sky realise just how important she was to him. More than he thought. More than just platonically.