29•|HEART CHOICES|

/CHAPTER TWENTY NINE/

I HATE THIS CHAPTER. . .KINDA. I FEEL LIKE IT'S MY WORST. I FEEL LIKE I DIDN'T DO PROPER JUSTICE TO IT. PLEASE Y'ALL READ AND I'LL APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK. AFTER THIS CHAPTER I PROMISE UPDATES WOULD BE COMING IN AS SCHEDULED.

NOT EDITED.

† CHASE †

"FEMI! FEMI!!"

I pretended to be asleep as the loud voice called my name. I cuddled myself on the bed, using my duvet to cover my whole body.

The door clicked open, followed by the clanking of her metallic heels on my tiled floor. Nothing was said, but I felt her presence around me. I continued my act, closing my eyes tightly.

"FEMI?" She called, but I didn't even answer her. "I know you are not sleeping, please answer me."

Still, I didn't answer. I didn't want to, I knew why she was in my room. I knew what her and my dad wanted to do to me. 

I felt the side of the bed lower, meaning she was seated by my side, still I didn't flinch. She touched my head, rubbing her hands through my hair, still I didn't open my eyes to look at her. I just couldn't believe what her and my dad wanted to do to me. 

"Are you not cold?" 

I didn't answer.

"Should I switch off the AC?"

I didn't answer, but I knew she wasn't going to switch it off because she knew how much I love the cold. She sighed heavily, the movement of her hand on my hair paused, and for a moment I thought she was going to leave me alone, but she didn't. Then I heard her say; "Stop this act, Femi."

I decided to cave in. Opened my eyes, but didn't face her. She turned my body around so I'd facing her, looking directly at her extraordinary beautiful face, a fair face which was too beautiful to be real. The smile on her face was weak, her eyes were also weak, tired and I knew why. It was all me.

She brought her hand to my face, rubbing it softly.

"You're handsome, my boy," I just kept looking at her. "Me and your father want the best for you, that's why we're taking this decision.

I didn't say anything.

"You're giving me the silent treatment, uhn Femi?" I just kept my gaze on her. "See, we love you that's why we're doing this for you."

"You don't love me!" 

I scampered away from my bed hurriedly like it was on fire, moved to the windows and stood there, looking at the road. I crossed my hands on my naked chest, tears clouding up in my eyes, but I didn't make it spill. 

She stood up from the bed and moved towards me. She didn't touch me, she just stood at my back.

"Chase," her voice was low and shaky. "Baby Chase. . ."

I turned to look at her figure and yelled. "Please stop CALLING that name!" I didn't even process what I'd told her. "Just stick with Femi!"

As expected, she didn't shout back at me, nor did she scold me for yelling at her. Instead, she just smiled and I continued to face the window.

"Femi, let's strike a deal," I heard her say but didn't turn to look at her. "If you agree to come with me and your dad, I promise you that I'll stay with you throughout your time there."