65

Angelina felt the sounds around her fade. It has been so long...

She used to long for the Marchioness's affection. But till the end she never received it.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, lady Angelina." The Marchioness smiled.

Angelina was stunned.

This was the first time she saw the Marchioness smile.

So she would rather smile to a stranger than the girl who lived and grew up as her adopted daughter?

Was it because now she was Angelina? A person who was a pure blood noble?

Angelina suddenly felt pathetic.

"i-it's a pleasure to meet your grace as well, Marchioness" Angelina forced herself to focus and she curtsied to the Marchioness.

The Marchioness nodded. She seemed pleased with Angelina's posture and manner.

As Angelina lifted her head, she caught a glance of a young man approaching from behind the Marchioness.

"Mother"

"Ah Chris. Go on and introduce yourself to lady Angelina."

It was her past adoptive brother. Christopher Bailey.

"........" Angelina was stunned for a second.

"Good afternoon, lady Angelina. I'm Christopher Bailey. It's my honour to meet you." Christopher bowed, took her hand, and kissed it.

Angelina immediately felt shivers. But luckily she was able to maintain her straight face.

She felt more uncomfortable now.

"It's an honour of mine as well, young master Christopher." Angelina was so shocked, she began to feel numb to it.

"Hahaha. It seems you to could get along well. I'll have to return to my husband's side." The Marchioness laughed, then turned to her son.

"You and lady Angelina should get to know each other." The Marchioness said to her son before leaving.

"......" Angelina sighed in her heart. She looked back and all the men who were previously surrounding her has retreated.

It seems they were all scared off by the Marchioness. Angelina couldn't blame them. The Marchioness really did carry a threatening aura.

Angelina knew that he was actually quite a flirty man towards pretty women. Of course she never saw this side of him herself, since he always acted like a gentle older brother to her in the past.

But now...

She really tried her best to maintain her smile when he kept flirting with her.

He complemented her beauty. Her behavior. Angelina was fighting the urge to run away in disgust.

"I must admit, I was quite shocked when I saw m'lady enter." Christopher took a glass of wine from one of the male servants and sipped it gracefully.

"Is that so...?" Angelina was rolling her eyes in her head.

"Indeed. The rumors surrounding lady Angelina isn't exactly pleasant..."

"Yes...I've heard..." Angelina's eyes avoided his gaze.

Christopher smirked. It was clear to him that Angelina felt uncomfortable and was not interested in him. But that merely fueled his interest towards her.

He found her fascinating the moment she entered his gaze as she walked down those stairs.

He found her beauty and elegant, mysterious charm extremely charming and seductive.