You are not my equal

⚠️ Disclaimer: ⚠️ this story has been written by me and has not been copied, plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Artemis
After all the members of Emerald Guardians left, the omegas straightened up thr packhouse where the Gala had taken place. Marcus took my arm and led me up the stairs to his room - the  Alpha's Chambers in the West Wing. The room was extravagant, the walls were an eggshell white, the floors were gray marble with a few black, fluffy rugs. There was a black, plush sofa in the far corner, in front of it was a coffee table littered with papers and a large fireplace with a huge, flat screen TV above it clearly this was his living room.

"Sorry about the mess love, I was here working on some pack business when I was called," Marcus said as he hurried to organize the papers. I closed the door behind us and stood next to him.
"It's all right Marcus I don't mind," I said looking around the  room. Marcus finished organising and put the papers in a file and carried them to another room. I followed.

This one had decor just like the living room. But when my eyes fell on the desk and the chairs, the filing cabinets and the chandelier hanging overhead, I realized this was his office. The same office Beta Axel brought me in when the males tried to rape me.
"This is my office it's connects to the Alpha's Chambers. I have another one down the hall but this is my private office where I come so no one would disturb you when I am busy," Marcus explained as he placed the file he had in the cabinet.

"The male wolves...who tried to rape me earlier, where are they?" I asked hesitantly.
Marcus stopped closing the cabinet and turned to face me his dark blue eyes had turned an even darker blue, almost black; he was angry.
"They tried to take advantage of my mate, they are currently in the torture chambers, my guards are probably finished with them by now," he said in a hard voice.
"T..t.. torture chamber?" To say I was shocked would be a huge understatement. I was terrified!

Shining Cosmos had a torture chamber?! Now my complexion was pale, like milk. But I didn't need a mirror to know that my complexion now, could probably rival that of a sheet! My heart rate quickened, my breathing increased and my hands, out of nowhere, began to shake. Marcus saw this and walked over to me and placed his hands on my upper arm and lightly shook me.

"Love are you okay? Do you need to sit down? To rest?" Marcus seemed oblivious to the fact that it was the torture chamber that had me like this. I wanted to faint!
"So he has a torture chamber, what's the big deal? We can stick Natalie, Alec and Mommy dearest in there," Caroline said with a cackle.
"I don't need your talks right now! Shut up!" I shouted at her.
"I'd personally like to see the torture chamber," Caroline insisted.
"No more Mafia movies for you," I said.

"Artemis! Are you okay? Do I need to call the pack doctor?" Marcus's voice brought me out of my stupor. I looked at him and saw that his eyes were clouded with worry. Anxious to ease his mind, I forced myself to calm down.
"It's okay I'm fine. It's just that I didn't expect to find out that your pack had a torture chamber," I said with a strained laugh.

Marcus chuckled and wrapped his arms around me and led me out of the office and back to the living room. There was another door that was close to the sofa, he opened it and ushered me in. This one was a kitchen. The walls were tiled grey and white, the floors were black, there was a large island made of marble, a stainless steel refrigerator, dishwasher, stove/oven and microwave.

"We have maids to do the cleaning and cooking so you won't have to worry about that," Marcus said as he checked a calender that was stuck to the fridge.
"Laundry and all those other tasks as well," he added.
"So what will I be doing throughout the day?" I asked as I admired the exquisite design on the island.

"You'll assist me in pack duties even I demand it. And for physical pleasure of course," he said with a smirk. At this I stopped and turned to face him.
"Physical pleasure?"
"Yes. You're my mate, it's your duty to give me pleasure when I ask for it. It is expected of you," he said casually.
"Expected of us? We're his equal not his personal pet," Caroline said with a huff.

"When you say physical pleasure, what does that entail?" I asked.
"To relieve me of my stress, to open your legs and allow me entrance to your treasures, to satisfy my and Vlad's sexual demands," he sounded so crude when he said that. I couldn't help but feel insulted.
"But I'm your mate, your other half, your equal. There's got to be more to be than sex Marcus," I said in a low voice.

"My equal? In what universe do you live in where the Alpha and Luna are equals?" Marcus asked raising his eyebrows. "The Alpha is the only one with total control in the pack. The Luna is simply there to give support, breed the Alpha's pups and of course fulfill the sexual demands of her mate."
Not only was I insulted, I was also angry. Give support? Breed the Alpha's pups? Fulfill the sexual demands of my mate? I wasn't his mate I was his whore!

"Marcus I'm not your personal play thing, I'm your mate! You could at least give me the respect I deserve," I said in a hurt voice.
Marcus scoffed and walked past me, not caring that he just insulted me.
"How could he say such horrible things to us? We just want his respect and love, nothing more. How could he treat us like this?" Caroline wailed.

"Calm down Caroline, he's just used to bring the only one in control. He's not used to having a mate, we'll give him time. He'll come around, you'll see," I said as I tried to comfort my wolf.
With a sigh I left the kitchen and walked back to the living room. Marcus was sitting down on the sofa typing something on his phone.

"Uh where's the bathroom?" I asked softly.
"Walk through this door, the bedroom is there. You'll find another door, that's the bathroom," he said shortly.
"Okay, I don't have any clothes... What will I change into?"
"I'll get you something, just go take a shower. There are towels and products on the rack, a toothbrush and toothpaste and a robe in the door."

"Why is he being so dismissive?" once again Caroline was hurt and I had to comfort her.
"Marcus, you're hurting Caroline's feelings, at least be nice when you're dismissing us," I said.
"I'm hurting Caroline's feelings? What is she an egg?" he asked scornfully.

Caroline whimpered with the tone he used with us. I was getting angry with his attitude.
"Stop it! She's not an egg, she's just trying to love you! If you don't want our love fine! But don't insult my wolf because of your problems!" I said angrily.
The whole room suddenly got deathly silent. Marcus stopped typing and looked slowly up until his eyes were connected to mine.

I felt the aura of his anger radiate around me. He got up off the sofa and walked slowly up to me. I stepped back a bit. I shouldn't have spoken to him like that. He grabbed my arms and brought me close to his chest, I whimpered slightly as he squeezed me, his eyes were slowly changing colour, his wolf was surfacing, not good, not good!

"I see now that you're not the obedient, submissive, docile mate I was expecting you to be. You're feisty, bold and oh so stubborn. Good. I like that," he said in a deep voice.
"Wh..what do you mean?" I stuttered.
"Sweetheart you don't know this, but do you want to know why so many packs fear me?" he asked as he traced my neck with a finger.

"No. Why?" I was afraid to ask, but I did anyway.
"Any feisty female that comes here, do you know what I do to them?" he asked.
When I didn't answer he grabbed my face and growled lowly. His patience was wearing thin.
"I asked you question answer me!" he shouted.
"No!" I cried out.

"I keep them under me, not just under me in the bedroom, but under me in everything. I keep them as my little pigeons, I take care of them, I protect them and when the time comes for me to get paid for my services," he stopped talking and laughed.
"Я их ломаю!"
(I break them!)

Author's note: OMG what happened to the sweet loving mate that was there for three chapters? 😱😱😱
I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Buckle your seat belts the roller coaster ride has just begun.