Chapter 2

A sole venator hung lazily in hyperspace on route to the edge of UPA space. Torrent company had been sent on a mission by both the Chancellor and Jedi to occupy the planet of Pandora temporarily. Its serene environment and lack of droids was a welcome change to the battle-hardened soldiers with a regular joke being passed of training being harder than the mission. Everyone was spirited. Almost everyone. A lone mandalorian stood in the command centre, her hands propping up her head.

Charl felt sick. She stood on the venator's deck, her inside squirming. 'It was just another quick campaign' she mentally scoffed. How many times had she been told that. Many believed the mission was of little importance, but not to her. This mission broke every rule her family had installed into her thus the sicking feeling. But she could not easily give up on her friends. When she had joined the 501st back on Christophsis as an advisor she had seen the good the unit was doing and willingly followed them to Ryloth and Teth in defence of others. But now they weren't defending. Now they were hurting.

The sliding doors of the command centre opened to reveal the white and blue armour of Captain Rex. He marched in flicking carefully through his data pad in preparation for the coming briefing. His eyes found Charl leaning over the map her eyes focused forward.

Charl had been silent for much of the journey, something that she had never once done before. Sitting alone on the bridge looking at the holomap for 'potential dangers' she explained. Rex was not convinced but gave her space nonetheless. She had been a faithful and loyal member of the 501st since Christophsis, to many a sister. Her crackling enthusiasm and energy were comparable to Ahsoka's, whilst her leadership was on par to Skywalker. Her fighting prowess was that of a mandalorian. The same prowess the clones had been raised under and greatly respected. What had impressed Rex, however, was her selfless nature. During Ryloth he had seen her protect everyone from harm, twi'lek, clone and even skakoan if his brothers were being a bit too rough. This protective nature was what had Rex worried.

Anakin walked in with a slight skip in his step his voice traveling around the room in a joyful manner "Let's begin shall we.". Following him was Ahsoka and Kenobi. Skywalker pressed a few buttons in quick succession summoning a map of Pandora's capitol. "Torrent company will move in from these three access points," he started, indicating to a similar number of arrows appearing around the walls of the capital. "Ahsoka and Rex, Charl and I, and Kenobi by himself." He quickly listed receiving nods from those around him. "Charl and I will secure the capital building whilst you three spread out securing other targets. From there it should be a simple case of forcing the UPA to agree to our terms." Anakin ended with slight enthusiasm.

After the meeting eyes drifted over to Charl in anticipation for some sort of witty comment or challenge. But it didn't come instead a deafening silence fell upon the room as Charl watched the flickering blue hologram. "No smart comment?" Ahsoka checked unsure of her friends lack of enthusiasm.

"Nope." Came the curt and muttered reply all emotion void of the warrior.

In an attempt to change the topic Rex, spoke up. "Resistance?"

"From our intelligence none." Kenobi answered uneasily.

"Well, let's go and get ready then." Anakin continued. Without a second thought Charl tried to leave the room but was stopped by Ahsoka's hand.

"Charl are you alright?" Worry lacing her words.

"No." Charl's eyes were locked forward not betraying anything.

"If it is about the operation, then there is nothing you need to fear. We will be in and out before they know we were there." Kenobi tried to console, "It will be fine..."