Six

A/N: Eep! I'm so sorry I haven't been able to update the past couple of weeks. I hope the Valentine's Day special coming up next Sunday would appease your hungry beany souls ;v; hehe. You can vote for the V-Day special on my Instagram Story at hisangelchip ^^ 

Thank you so much for being patient and waiting. It's a fairly long chapter as we peer more into Vanvan settling down in London.

__________________________

"Oh that's bloody ridiculous! You can't go around smashing windows—it's a BMW for god's sake. Do you know how much I have to pay to get them fixed?"

"Your car violated the law by parking in front of a fire hydrant, ma'am," said the crew member with dyed reddish hair, a streak of fire on her tongue. "You face the consequences."

I paused several feet from the guardhouse, coming to a stop some safe distance away from the conflict. With the commotion brewing just right in front of the gate, the odds of myself having to part the group in a conspicuous manner was nearly guaranteed.

Either way, hand-picking a couple of terms from their heated exchange allowed a decent presentation of the matter at hand. The team had been on a call—likely something structural in nature, which therefore required the use of a hydrant—some time yesterday and an optimized operation called for a specific hydrant which, unfortunately, this lady had parked her car right in front of. Hence, the broken windows.

"Oh don't be such a bitch. You wouldn't be acting this way if it were your car getting destroyed by a bunch of fools forgetting that they could just thread a hose around a car."

"Ma'am? I need you to calm down. Our chief's coming right out to speak with you regarding the uh, the situation, okay?" This was the guard returning to his post from making a call to what I assumed was the administrative office. He had his hands slightly forward to put some distance between the car owner and the crew members.

"We can't thread the hose around because that way, we'd be losing pressure from—"

"Save your breath, rookie. She's not gonna understand."

"Wow." At this, the woman scoffed, folding her arms with her head held high. "You are a rude little bitch. Does your manager know about this?"

Admittedly, this nearly had myself itching a laugh. The female crew member, as well as her companion on probation, burst out in unrestrained mirth. Aside, the guard was trying hard not to entertain their contagious laughter.

"We don't have a manager," said one of them after some time, with the straightest face they could manage. "The mall's the other way."

One could tell from the look on the car owner's face how madly eager she was to launch a committed attack on the crew members when her rage fortunately quelled with the appearance of the station's bureau chief. And alongside him, a certain idiot.

There was something oddly endearing about the added presence of Chicken tailing behind his owner some distance away, only to stop at the end of the engine bay, wagging his tail in good patience. Needless to say, I was on the receiving end of some heated surprise. Well I suppose the rest of his team hadn't quite told him about me dropping by just yet; what with the car owner's sudden appearance at the station.

I moved slightly out of the way, giving them the space to handle the situation and also checking the time.

Even the station's chief had a look of standard procedure, giving the impression that he might as well have expected the complaint. "Yes ma'am. How may I assist you?"