𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Pairing: Karl Jacobs x Reader
Warnings: Death, destruction, violence, insanity, mentions of abuse, non-romantic obsession, kidnapping
Pronouns: They/them

——————————

Watching the event unfold was perhaps one of the most devastating things that could have happened. and nobody was more distraught than the four gods who could do nothing but sit back and watch it happen. They had done everything that they could have done, but this reality was lost. There was no saving it now. Not after the horrors that had already been witnessed and the awful things that have already been done. It was possible to go back on words, but not on actions.

Not that (Y/n) would even want to take back their actions anyway. There was no putting out the flame that burned in their heart and the wish to burn this reality to the ground. They had been travelling for what felt like centuries, skimming through every reality where they seem to exist and tearing through every one. They were getting too powerful for their own good, and even the gods could see that now. But what more could they do but send (Y/n) back to their own reality? Time is a gift, one that even they couldn't erase. Their talents dabbled in other areas, and undoing things like this just wasn't one of them.

They were too far gone. There really was nothing stopping them now. It was as if they were broken beyond repair. They could do nothing but watch (Y/n) move onto their next reality as the one before them crumbled to the ground, the shrieks echoing throughout the dimensions. It was insane how it didn't effect them. Just the vibrations of the ground beneath them and the cries of horror coming from (Y/n)'s victims could be enough to set thorns around someone's neck. But it didn't even faze them.

"DayDream, why do you insist on just watching this happen?" Death turned towards the god, who seemed broken at the sight of the next timeline turning to shambles. "Surely, you have the power to stop this, don't you?"

"I'm not as powerful as you believe me to be, Kristalia." He breathed out heavily, feeling a sinking feeling in his stomach as (Y/n) disappeared, clutching the book that they had been using to travel across the galaxies in the first place.

"You are the most powerful being I know." She responded lowly, her veil tipping over her violet eyes that scoured the land to find any poor souls that crawled across the plain. "If I could believe anyone to stop this, it would be you."

"My flattery is immeasurable, believe me. But compliments don't feed me my strength." He murmured behind his glowing-green mask, one with the letters 'XD' carved into them messily.

"It's not a compliment, DayDream. It's a statement." Lady Death proclaimed to him as she faced the piercing green eye that was visible.

"Statements can say anything." He sighed, stretching his arm down to uncover the ground beneath one of the buildings that had toppled over a group of people. Kristalia winced at the sight and felt her eyes water at the dead.

"Oh, dear..." She whimpered out softly, cupping the perished bodies in her hands and holding them close to her, kissing the top of their heads gently as she let dark violet particles engulf them. "...It wasn't their time..."

"It wasn't any of their times." He stretched himself back up to look at the rest of the poor, unfortunate souls. "They didn't deserve it."

"Then you can stop it before it's too late. I know you can." She whined, cupping the dead bodies before letting specks of what was left of them fly through their air as their bodies dissolved through her fingertips, signifying her sending them to the afterlife.