epilogue

Mawra had no idea what love at first sight was. That is until she held her daughter's tiny little body in her hands for the first time ever. Masha Allah, she was so beautiful. Happy tears wouldn't stop flowing down her eyes the whole day.

"Ibrahim...." She called her husband softly whilst holding her baby close to her heart, making herself believe that she's here for real. Her husband nodded his head, whilst squeezing her hands. He too was overwhelmed, feeling all kinds of emotion seeing the whole process of his daughter take birth.

The love and respect he had for his wife have increased ten folds after that. How painful it was for him to see his wife cry in labour. Her every tear clenched his heart in helplessness. But it has been worth it is what she said... their daughter was worth every pain. And he couldn't agree more.

"She's so beautiful, Ibrahim. Our Abeera." Mawra kissed her daughter's head in affection with her eyes closed, absorbing the moment. Their little doll stirred in her sleep and began to wail startling her parents a little, she stared at him quizzically not knowing how to stop her doll from crying whilst rocking her against her chest.

"Give her to me," forwarding his hands to her, he took Abeera carefully and cradled her in his arms. She seems to calm down slowly making both of them sigh in relief, "she is already picking favourites."
Mawra whined, yet had that happy smile on her face.

"I don't know about that but newborn babies love to be held." Ibrahim kissed his daughter's eyes lovingly as a tear rolled down his cheek. He couldn't believe that this tiny little human is his daughter. His blood. His Abeera.

"I was holding her too," Mawra chuckled while happy tears continued flowing down her cheeks, she was in awe looking at the sight in front of her. Seeing her once grumpy boss being so in love and holding their baby girl protectively in his arms is making her insides feel mushy. It was such a lovely sight.

"Thank you so much, Mawra... I'm running out of words right now, but I cannot thank you enough for giving me this precious little gift. The pain and struggles you've gone through to give birth to her, the way you've embraced your fears of childbirth and went ahead with this pregnancy... Thank you is not enough, I know. I'll love more you till I take my last breath, biwi."

"I love you more, Ibrahim. I'm sure you'll be an amazing father. Our daughter is going to love you so much." It seemed like her tears were endless that day and Mawra didn't mind it one bit, for they were all happy tears.

"Stop crying." Ibrahim's hands carefully move to wipe them away, as she stared at him lovingly, "I'll be a good mother right?" her eyes were suddenly filled with worry as she gazed at him, while their baby lay safely in his arms.

"You've gone through so much pain just to give her a new life, Mawra. You're already a great mother."

She had this fear during her whole pregnancy, the fear of what if she was met with the same fate as her khalla. No one knew about that except for Ibrahim and he kept assuring her that it wouldn't happen. HE wouldn't let it happen, she'd smile sadly in response hoping for his words to be true.

It wasn't an easy pregnancy for sure, she was happy, yes. But the regret of hating babies and the resentment she had for them for half her life has got her so much worried. It used to be her way of grieving for her aunt; hating on the babies which she felt was responsible for her favourite person's death. Mawra thought she'd hate her own baby too, if she was ever pregnant, hence why she was so against the idea of it. But how very wrong she was.

She was surprisingly so happy yet so scared during the whole nine months. And regret wouldn't leave her mind.
She'd cry in the middle of the nights and say, "what if Allah decides to punish me now and took away my baby? I can't bear that ever, Ibrahim."