82"

Viola made her way down to Defence against the Dark Arts

Viola made her way down to Defence against the Dark Arts. And quite frankly she was dreading it.

The remainder of her lessons had been fairly normal considering the circumstances but there was no way she could imagine Defence running smoothly.

She sat next to Seamus as they both tapped their quills irritatedly. They'd been waiting for a good ten minutes before Amycus Carrows glided into the classroom, slamming the windows closed and pushing Students into their seats with a little flick of his wrist.

"As you all know, I'm Professor Carrow and I'll be teaching you Defence Against The Dark Arts this term. I will not tolerate talking or bad behaviour in my classroom. If any of my rules are broken, you will suffer consequences" The Professor sneered scanning the classroom. "The Syllabus has been changed and is now ministry approved. The previous content was less than Adequate for students of such. Please turn to your first page of your books to find the list of content this year"

Viola opened her book and scanned down the list. She couldn't believe her eyes.

She glanced to Seamus who also had the same look on his face.

The teaching and execution of the unforgivable curses

"Professor?" Dean asked putting his hand up "it says here that we will be taught the unforgivables. I'm assuming that is a mistake"

"It is no mistake. Now Mr..."

"Thomas"

" Mr Thomas, did you hear what I have just covered about the expectations I hold in my classroom?"

"Yes but I-"

"Then do not speak out of turn unless you want to be held accountable for your actions!" He shouted across the room making the students jump at his ferocity.

"With all due respect Professor" Viola interrupted "his question was a perfectly reasonable one. Considering the use of the unforgivable curses are illegal"

"And you are...?"

"Viola Lupin"

The Death Eater sneered at her second name "fortunately for us ...Miss Lupin, they are no longer illegal and are ministry approved. Now, if any of you speak out of turn again there will be severe punishments. I hope I have made myself clear?"

Viola just leaned back in her seat in defeat and anger. The rest of the students nodded complying in fear picking up their books and reading the rest of the page.

"We shall be starting with the vast array of Curses that are available to us" Amycus started, "later on in the year we will move onto the unforgivables. So, can anyone give me a simple curse?"

The classroom went quiet as everyone look down at their books, cowering under his gaze.

"No one? What a shame that is. Let's see... Miss Patil is it?"

Parvati lifted her head up, looking at the Professor

"Can you give us a simple curse?"

"Erm the Expulso Curse" she answered hesitatly

"Correct, and do we all know the incantation for this particular curse and it's effect?"

Once again the classroom fell into silence.

"Very well" Amycus smiled eerily as he pulled his wand out of his robe pocket "Miss Patil, stand" he ordered as Parvati slowly rose out of her seat out of fear.

Viola gripped the table tightly until her knuckles turned white, watching as Parvati stood infront of the man with his wand out.

As soon as Parvati had moved from her seat Amycus flicked his wand, "expulso!" The seat that Parvati once sat on seconds earlier was suddenly blasted into little pieces as is splintered and across the classroom.

"Protego!" Viola shouted preventing the shards of wood from hitting her and Seamus. Others were not as quick, sharp splinters hit their bodies, scratching their faces and leaving cuts across their skin.

"Expulso" The Carrow continued as if nothing and happened "a particularly useful spell while in battle. This curse is used to produce immense explosions, blasting your target apart with a burst of blue light. Now you have all witnessed the curse and know of it's incantation, you shall all have a go each other. This shall be done in pairs. One of you shall send the curse to the other one while your partner needs to block it in order to be protected. By doing this both of you are benefitting from-"

"Benefitting?!" Viola interrupted "benefitting?! We could kill one another!"

"Miss Lupin! Quiet!" He yelled "if you don't want to be injured then I suggest that you make sure your defensive spells are perfected"

"This is insane!"

"I said, be quiet!" He roared "off you all go, start working" he ushered sending harsh looks at the quivering students beside him "Miss Lupin, see me after lesson"

Viola and Seamus stood up at their desk looking at each other wearily.

"Just do it" Viola whispered as Seamus started to lower his wand "do it, give me a signal and do it"

Seamus raised his wand again pointing it at Viola, his hands shook slightly as Amycus Carrow watched them with squinting eyes. Seamus nodded discreetly to Viola seconds before sending the curse her way.

A shot of blue light shot out of his wand towards Viola as she managed up put a shield just in time.

Amycus sneered before walking off to inspect another pair.

"This is Bloody insane!" Seamus whispered "he's got us nearly murdering our classmates"

"I think this is just the start" Viola replied a dark shadow in her eyes.

———————————————————————————
A/N

Erm what