EPISODE 57

31/12/2019, At Chennai, Association meeting

Aparna's P. O. V :

It was so good to see fear in Michael's eyes. He held his shaky hands together and looked straight at me.

I huffed out and smirked at him.

Shiva was still standing near the main projector.

" Michael! Are you denying the video evidence? " The head of the association asked.

Michael nodded his head weakly.

" Ms. Aparna Khatri, you are still under the blame for the collapse of the building mentioned earlier. Do you have any evidence to prove that it was not under your approval? " The head asked me.

" Actually, yes " Shiva said and moved to the computer to display something.

He projected The site drawings on the screen. The original approval drawings were signed by me and then the second set was signed by Snegha. Right, it was the organic design one. The structural engineer forbid us from going second floor, but still they did it and I was thrown under the wheel.

The association members started murmuring.

But how did Shiva get these drawings?, who helped him?, what is happening?

" Mr. Michael submitted a different set of proof to us. How do we know which is true? " The head asked confused.

" Sir, the drawings I submitted were the real ones. He has manipulated the drawings to help Aparna. We also have the witness signatures! " Michael protested.

I didn't sign any of them, yet I can't prove anything.

" If the association can give us some time, we are ready to submit the hardcopy of the drawings that I showed. Also all our drawings have the site manager's sign, which means they cannot be manipulated. I kindly ask Michael also to submit the original hard copy! " Shiva said.

I looked at him surprised.

" Yes, Michael we request you to submit the hard copy along with what Mr. Shiva has presented today. " The associate member said.

" But why is Sethu sir here? " The head asked.

" As per the norms, Aparna is required to have an architect to stand as a witness to her quality of work. She has worked under Sethu sir for an year. I kindly plead the association to hear his side before taking the final decision " Shiva said and sat down besides me.

" Hello my friends, long time no see ! " Sethu sir said laughing.

" Yes Sir! " The head laughed.

" This girl here worked as an intern at my office for an year. Let me tell you, She was the best one I have seen in years. I asked her to come back to my office but unfortunately I couldn't welcome her back. She has worked for nearly 4 projects under her internship. And She was as competent as the senior Architect. I never questioned her work ethic. Being a very respected Architect myself, I really hope this association takes into account my words! This is my sincere request! We shouldn't waste talent like her! " Sethu Sir said.

I rubbed away the tears from my eyes and Shiva patted my shoulders.

My eyes landed on Michael who was sitting opposite to me gritting his teeth. He grinned at me and stood up.

I was no more scared. I had already won. It is done.

" Internship is not taken as a work experience. The witness is valid only under a proper post. I sincerely wish the association rejects baseless words." Michael said and sat down.