Chapter 32

Kai's POV

The security in the mansion was heightened when Sir Gulf received multiple death threats again. It's about his business. I don't get why rich people are ready to kill just for money.

"Focus, Kai." I am in charge of the front gate again. I've been avoiding being positioned inside the mansion because I don't want to meet Cole.

It's been two days since he last went to his museum. Cole is really affected by our breakup. I do too but unlike him, I chose to go on with our normal lives.

It was my lunch break so I decided to eat in the barracks with other guards.

Teo, one of the guards sat beside me. "Are you sure you can eat with us?"

"We broke up already. He doesn't care anymore and besides, he is not coming out of his room."

"But he has eyes here." He added.

My phone vibrated, just in time.

"Babe, I am not feeling well. Please take care of me."

I ignored his message and continued eating.

I miss him for sure but I am still enjoying this freedom. I can talk to my friends without worrying that someone might be jealous.

"Just drink medicine."
After a few minutes of thinking, I replied to him.

"I love you so much, babe. I miss you so bad." What is he expecting me to reply with this message?

Seen. I am not replying anymore.

Cole's POV

I woke up with my head aching so terribly.

I called someone to bring food here.

They are not allowed but I don't have the energy to eat downstairs. My whole body is burning. Must be the sleeping pill's fault again.

It was Mary who sent my food to my room. She is trembling while setting up my food on my computer table. Am I that scary?

"Calm down, will you?" I don't want her to spill my food here.

"Sorry, sir."

"Where's Kai?"

"I bet he is in the barracks with other guards sir. We prepared their lunch there."

Damn it.

I messaged him right away.

"Babe, I am not feeling well. Please take care of me."

"Just drink medicine." He replied. He doesn't sound concerned at all.

"Fucking shit!!!!" I yelled and it frightened the poor servant.
"Just go out."
She immediately stormed out of the room.

I am not in the mood. My body is feeling itchy and hot.

I called our family doctor again. He already told me the medicine that I needed to buy yesterday but I am so tired to follow him.

I told him that I'll be sending someone to get the prescription.

I don't want him to come here and alarm my parents. They will blame Kai for sure. It's not Kai's fault, it is mine. The last thing I want is for my family to hate the only person I love.

Mary returned as per my request and I told her what to do. I strictly prohibited her to tell anyone about this.

I can manage this. The first time I found out that I am allergic to sleeping pills is when I went to US. The first week there stressed me out because of my last conversation with Kai.