83"

Viola lingered behind as the rest of her classmates filtered out of the classroom leaving her and Professor Carrow alone in the room

"Tell me Miss Lupin? Do you enjoy being a disrespectful bitch?"

"From time to time" she shrugged, unsurprised by the mans language and hostility.

"Listen here" he snarled walking towards Viola and grabbing her by her neck "you'll respect me. Do you understand? Do you hear me?"

"I'm not deaf, so funnily enough I can hear you yes"

Amycus tightened his grip around her throat making her gasp "if you ever talk to me like that again, you'll be regretting everything you've just said" he spat

"Get your hands off me" Viola seethed, her voice catching in her throat.

Carrow released her throwing her backwards making her stumble into the wall.

"This is your last Chance Lupin" he warned before sauntering off out of the classroom.

Viola gasped for oxygen as she stumbled over to grab her bag, hoisting it onto her shoulder.

She would do something about this. What? She didn't know. But she would.

Making her way back to the common room a million ideas swirled around in her brain. Each as stupid and impossible as the next. Scolding herself for not being able to come up with a solution she flopped down onto the commons room sofa.

Staring into the fire she felt so useless. A war was a happening and she was stuck at Hogwarts being forced to send curses to her classmates. Swinging her legs off the sofa she stood up and made her way up to her doom to fetch the map Harry had left her and walked out of the Common room.

Creeping through the dark corridors with her wand and the the map in her hands the portraits shushed her and moaned at the light while she walked towards Professor McGonagalls office.

Knocking on the door she shoved the map back into her pocket as McGonagall opened the door, squinting and yawning.

"Lupin? What are you doing? Come in before you get caught" she answered opening the door wider for Viola to enter "Miss Lupin you really shouldn't be wandering around the castle at night- my goodness! What happened to your neck?" She asked looking at the red mark on Violas neck.

"That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about Professor" Viola replied

Professor McGonagall sighed before gesturing to the seat in-front of her desk "take a seat"

Viola sat down in the seat opposite McGonagall

"Death Eaters? Really? As teachers? It's insane!"

"I know Miss Lupin, I feel the same"

"Then do something about it, please Professor" she begged

"I'm afraid I cannot" McGonagall replied shaking  her head "I have no influence at Hogwarts anymore"

"But we need you Professor. They're hurting Students! Just last lesson Amycus Carrow had us practising curses on each other! He did this when I protested" Viola said pointing to her neck that was starting to bruise.

"They're hurting students?!" McGonagall asked in disbelief and anger "that's absolutely disgusting. I'll speak to Professor Snape, though I doubt he'll do anything to prevent it concerning it his true alliance. I will also inform the other staff to make them aware"

"But please Professor, please keep it shushed. I'm scared of what they'd do to the students if they found out"

"Of course Miss Lupin" She nodded

"Also" Viola continued "I'm worried about first years. Many of the Gryffindors have appeared quite scared and overwhelmed, so I wanted to ask you about an idea I've come up with to help them settle in a little better. I'd like to assign each first year to either a prefect or suitable sixth or Seventh year student. That way they have someone to guide them and look out for them In a way? I just wanted your permission to do so as you are, after all, head of house"

"I think that's a brilliant idea Miss Lupin" McGonagall smiled "I've very glad you're here for your seventh year, considering the circumstances it's nice to have you back. I have no doubt in my mind that making you Head Girl was the best idea"

"Thank you Professor, you too" Viola nodded with respect for the woman "I'm sorry to disturb you so late"

"Oh no worries" she waved "it was important. Oh! And Viola!" McGonagall called as Viola waved goodbye "any word from Potter, Weasley or Granger?"

Viola shook her head "none"

"Oh well, I'm sure they are fine. Please come to me whenever, my doors always open for a chat"

Viola smiled in appreciation before closing the office door behind her.

———————————————————————————
A/N

McGonagall and Vi are my fav duo