chapter 4 ~ fucking canada

"In Canada?" Fiona asked as we all gathered in the living room. Tony was currently going over how our idiotic father had been arrested in another country.

"Frank doesn't even have a passport" I muttered.

"Well he's gonna need to apply for one" Tony sighed. I wasn't that smart but I was fairly certain you needed a passport to travel over the border. And I was the only one in the family who had one.

"Well Kev has a passport, so does Cassie" Veronica shrugged as I sent her a glare. Last summer Mandy and I went to Montreal with a few of her friends to get wasted. Frankly the only one who knew I went with Mandy was Fiona, since again, Lip would kill me.

"And what good does that do?" He asked taking the words straight from my mouth. If V was planning what I was thinking, I wanted no part of it.

"You two could drive up and help him at the embassy, making pick up some pharmaceuticals. She muttered. I looked over at Tony who was pretending to not have heard that last part. "Go get dressed buttercup, it's gonna be a long ride" She smiled, a bit overenthusiastically.

I started to protest because there was no way I wanted to spend my day driving up to Canada. Surely not a drive to go save our drunken father. But one pleading look from Debbie and I knew I was gonna be in trouble.

"Fine, i'll go" I sighed. I quickly raced up the stairs to get changed into something more comfortable. No matter how cute my outfit looked, there was no way I was sitting in a car for 7 hours with it on.

 No matter how cute my outfit looked, there was no way I was sitting in a car for 7 hours with it on

"What the hell is that?" Kev asked as I stepped out on the porch. In front of us was probably the oldest rv I had ever seen.

"Our ride!" Steve exclaimed. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Seriously? He was coming too?

Stepping onto the vehicle my nose was immediately swept with the smell of rotten food and cheap chemicals. The place was completely trashed, and i'm not one to complain, but there was no way I was spending 14 hours in this shit.

"We can watch some movies, make some mojitos" Steve went on as I sent a look over at Kev. It was obvious neither of us wanted to ride in the death machine.

"And how do you expect us to get Frank back without a passport?" I asked curiously. I really hoped I wasn't being wrapped in to a smuggling ring.

Steve's hippy friend walked over the closet, pulling back the wall to reveal a tight hiding space. Fuck, we were really smuggling him back.