Part 36

~

As you opened your eyes, you found yourself in the middle of a dark and dense forest.

The air was cold and thick with fog, with tortured tree trunks twisting upwards and reaching for any rare glimpse of sunlight.

The calm sounds of nature hummed with life all around you, filling you with a sense of peace.

It wasn't until you heard the sounds of branches snapping behind you, that everything else abruptly dropped into silence. 

A cool shiver shuddered violently down your spine, as if your natural instincts were screaming at you that a predator was approaching.

The sudden and growing uneasiness of being watched quickly heightening all of your senses.

You weren't alone, at least that much was obvious.  

Taking in a deep breath, you slowly turned around.

Bracing yourself, you squeezed your eyes shut until you were sure you were facing the thing that was following you.

In.

Out.

In.

Out.

You breathed in time with your anxious thoughts, before your eyes inevitably snapped open.

...

And there he was.

Your impeccably well dressed and masked 'Genius' stood in the middle of the unlikeliest of settings. 

As your eyes hesitantly met with his, a new feeling dawned on you, the expression on your face telling him that you needed to talk.

Staring back at you, he just stood there in silence awaiting your first move.

You tried your best to compose yourself before opening your mouth to speak, afraid of what direction this peculiar interaction would take you.

"Y-you're impossibly fast, and strong."

"Your skin is pale-white, and ice-cold."

"Your eyes are mostly hidden, and you're always wearing a hat and face-mask."

"You never eat food, or drink at the café, and you show up each morning at the same exact time."

As you spoke slowly, you could see that your words had registered with him, urging you to take another step closer. 

"I know what you are."

He hesitated as you stared down at him accusingly.

But you couldn't let him hide anymore, and he knew it.

"Then say it. Out loud," he finally spoke, his voice defensively sharp and on edge. 

"Say it."