Chapter Nine: Irritation

Maya stopped dead in her tracks at the sound of her name.

Shit.

"Maya Blayyid, to show up in front of me like this, you really have some guts!"

Excuse me, what the actual hell is he angry for? I didn't even do anything before he started spouting some bullshit.

Turning around Maya's long white hair whipped in the air. Her grey eyes sparkled with life, but the smile on her face was cold.

"Mr Has, Miss Multz, how lovely to see you two here!"

Leon froze. She's acting so carefree. Like she doesn't give a damn about what he's said to her. Or the fact that he's here with Jenna.

Does she not care?

Jenna noticed the small changes in Leon's face next to her. She felt upset. She knew that in terms of her family background she could never match with Leon, but so what? Aren't they in love, then why is he so hung up over his ex?

Scoffing internally, she remembered how they met. How he marked her as his, and refused to let go. His fiancé never mattered to him, and she herself was just an excuse to rile up Noah.

Unfortunately for him, and unfortunately for her they fell in love.

She had initially felt bad towards Maya. No woman could tolerate another taking their man. But when Maya called her out, and yelled at her she felt her guilt disappear. Why is she angry at me? She should be angry at Leon! And in the first place her engagement was nothing more than an arrangement between two families. Leon never loved her.

And even so, Jenna herself had never truly had a choice in this. How could she stand up to this powerful man? If he wanted something he'd go through whatever means to obtain it.

And now. They're too far gone to return to the past.

She loves him, and if he left me who knows what the world would think?

They'll go from calling them star crossed lovers to calling her a third rate actress who became famous by stealing another woman's man.

They're not wrong. But what choice has she truly ever had in this situation.

So I'm sorry Maya, but I can't let him go.

"Leo, stop I'm sure Maya came here for good reason."

Hearing Jenna speak peaked Maya's interest. The few times they had interacted often left her criticized and hated. Due to this, Maya had actively avoided her in the previous world.

"I know you're still angry at what happened Maya. I'm truly sorry but" Jenna started shaking as if she was afraid of what Maya would say. Her eyes became wet with tears, her glossy blonde hair fluttering gently in the wind.

Wtf.

Even I feel bad for her. And I haven't even done anything!

Leon wrapped an arm around Jenna's shoulders to comfort her and held her close to his body. He narrowed his eyes at Maya, "Miss Blayyid, as you can see my darling is unable to handle large amounts of stress. So please be mindful to not show up in front of her again, or"

"Or?" Maya leaned sideways against the wall. She tilted her head gently, her beautiful eyes narrowing at the spectacle in front of her. Her entire appearance screamed I don't give a fuck.

"Listen here pretty boy. I have no issues with Miss Multz. The engagement was between you and I. You broke my trust like the little bastard you are, but it's been five fucking years so can both of you just stop?"