another member of the family (pt 1)

It's been a few days since I started to learn how to fly, and I've gotten pretty good at it. 

It was currently raining outside and I was sitting on the windowsill in the bedroom looking out at the rain. I was watching the raindrops race each other. I was dimly aware of the bedroom door opening and then closing again. Then I saw someone approach the trashcan outside.

"You ok there, (Y/N/N)?" I heard Techno ask.

"There's someone digging through the trash." I said, without moving my eyes off of the kid.

"So?"

"He looks hurt." I said. 

"And?"

"I'm gonna go help him." I said, getting up and walking towards the bedroom door.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? You could get hurt." Techno said.

"I'll be fine, besides I don't think he could hurt me even if he tried." I said, opening the door.

"He's literally a raccoon if he's digging through our trash, and raccoons can be viscous!" He argued.

"If it makes you feel any better you can come with me, just don't scare the kid." I said, walking out the door.

I heard him mutter no promises, I turned around and gave him a look that read; seriously? He just shrugged and rolled his eyes. I sighed and made my way to the trash outside. 

When we were about five feet away the kid noticed us and took off to the neighbor's yard, hiding behind their trashcan. As I got a closer look at the kid, I noticed how inured he actually was, his exposed skin was covered in bruises and scars, his right leg had a limp, and he was way too skinny.

I squatted down to his level and said;

"Hey it's ok kid, we're not going to hurt you."

"Ha, I've heard that one before." He said, in an English accent.

"Well, this time you can trust someone." I said, reaching out my hand.

"Heard that one too." He said.

"Do you want our help or not?" Techno asked.

I got up and smacked the back of Techno's head, telling him to be quiet.

The kid looked at Techno, then me, then back at Techno, then surprisingly started to walk over.

"See? told yah." Techno said.

I smacked him on the head again.

The three of us made our way into the house, when we got into the house Techno lead the kid over to the couch and sat him down, meanwhile I went into the bathroom to grab the med kit. Thankfully Phil and Wilbur weren't home so we didn't have to explain why we brought a random kid into the house, though that would be one heck of a conversation to have once they got back from the store.

As if on cue I heard the door open and Phil call our;

"We're back."

I sighed as I made my way back to the living room, knowing that there was no way to escape the conversation about why there is a random kid in the living room.