Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

Chapter 1.....

(P.S The characters in this book are 26-28. No high school smut in this book :D) 

God damn.

Those two words were the only thing that came to mind the moment my eyes landed on the figure standing in the archway. A figure I haven't seen in over a year. Beside me my best friend Heather let out the loudest shriek that instantly made me wince as she took off towards the figure.

The person was none other than her brother Mason Wells, aka my first crush and the first boy to ever break my heart, of course he didn't know that part.

"Mason!" Heather squealed as she launched herself into her older brother's arms. I stayed back as the two greeted each other. Mason has been gone for the past 6 months for work and was finally back just in time for his little sisters big day.

"I am so happy you made it! Can't have my brother miss my wedding day." Heather punched his shoulder as they pulled away. In turn Mason shoved her making me smile at the sibling affection. It wouldn't be Heather and Mason without a bit of physical abuse on both sides.

As the pair made their way towards me I ran my hands down the sides of my jeans to wipe off my suddenly sweaty palms. Mason may have been gone for 6 months but it's been well over a year since the two of us last saw each other. Trying to calm my racing heart I plastered on a smile.

"Look who decided to show up." I teased as they came to a stop in front of me. At the sound of my voice Mason looked over and I watched as his eyes widened just a fraction. His bright blue eyes, eyes bluer than any ocean I have ever seen, raked all over my face as if he couldn't believe it was me.

"Sam? You look...different." I couldn't stop the slight blush that creeped over my cheeks at his words, at the way his deep baritone voice washed over me. A voice I haven't heard in so long yet still sounded the same. "Good different." He quickly added.

"Thanks." I brushed a stray hair behind my ear forcing myself to look into his eyes.

"It's been awhile."

"It has. You look good too." I let myself look at him for a brief moment. Looking at the snug blue t-shirt that made his eyes that much brighter, to the way his biceps seemed to stretch the fabric. Somehow he seemed to have gotten buffer since the last time I saw him.

His skin was tanner thanks to working out in the sun all day for his construction company. The soft blond hair looked just as silky as I remembered. The only difference was the stubble lining his jaw and cheeks. A far cry from the patchy beard he tried to grow in high school.

I wasn't sure how it was possible but it seemed this last year made him even more attractive. A department he needed no help in.

"What happened to your glasses?" He suddenly asked.

"Oh, I switched to contacts." I didn't miss the shocked look on his face. When I got glasses at 16, I flat out refused to wear contacts for years. The whole idea of putting my finger in my eye made it impossible. But 6 months ago I decided to change it up and got some; been happy ever since.

"Can see your beautiful brown eyes better. Not that they weren't in glasses." He stumbled over his words making my lips twitch.

"Come on Mason, let me show you what the wedding is going to look like." Heather butted in, sensing the slight awkward tension building between us. I sent her a thankful look as she grabbed his hand and tugged him along behind her.

Heather had no clue the real reason there was awkwardness between Mason and I, and I planned on keeping it that way. Even Mason didn't know the full reason. Not wanting to open that can of worms, I quickly pushed it all to the back of my mind and trailed after the pair.