Bad dreams and rejection

I knew what was happening when I went to my room and all my bags were packed.

"No..." I shook my head and fought the urge to cry. The burning tears in my eyes fell down my cheeks anyway.

"Your social worker will be here to pick you up later this evening Logan." My foster mom spoke from the doorway.

"But what did I do?" My voice wavered and I was choking on my tears at this point. "Please mom-"

"It's Mrs. Evans now dear." She corrected me and my heart sank. I had let my guard down yet again just to be disowned. Again.

"Yes Mrs. Evans.."

"Lolo? Lolo! You're okay it's just a dream." I woke up to Clary shaking me. She had a worried wide eyed look on her face and I could tell that she had just woken up.

"I'm sorry I woke you." I croaked In a sleepy voice.

"It's okay I couldn't sleep anyways." She shrugged and I struggled to sit up.

"Ouch.." I groaned sleepily

"You okay?"

"Yeah." I nodded as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes "Yeah I'm okay." I yawned and almost stretched but remembered my side.

"It hurts so much worse now." I winced and Clary got up off the bed and opened the mini fridge.

"This fridge gets super cold at night so it was able to freeze your ice pack up a bit more." She walked back over to me and handed me the ice pack.

"Can you?" I hissed in pain as I shifted the pillow from underneath my side.

"Oh crap sorry yeah. Just let me.." Clary wrapped the ice pack in a paper towel and carefully placed it underneath my side. "There we go." She smiled sleepily

"Thanks."

For a moment Clary looked as if she were uncomfortable. I tinted my head in confusion and gently nudged her with my elbow.

"Hey? What's wrong?" I asked

"Bailey came to visit you last night when you were out." She shrugged and looked down at her hands. "She said to tell you to stay away from her."

"What?" I laughed a little in disbelief "What do you mean?"

"She's trying to keep you away because she feels guilty for what she did to you... and she should feel guilty-"

"It was an accident." I blurted "accidents happen." I don't know why I was defending her when she basically fucked up my face for 3 weeks, but here I was.

"What time is it?" I asked

"5:40 a.m why?" Clary asked

"When do classes start?"

"7:15 why?"

"I want to see Bailey."

"Lo-"

"Clary...please."

Clary sighed and ran her hands through her wavy black hair before letting her hands fall down on her lap. "Okay fine."

"We have to be quick though I don't want to be later for class." Clary spoke as she quickly got dressed and I stumbled out of bed trying my best to ignore the pain shooting up and down my side.

"You don't have to stay just walk me there." I groaned as I slipped into my shoes. "Can you help me put on my coat." I sighed

"Yeah one sec." clary grabbed my grey sweater and handed to me. "And you really think I'm going to leave you alone with Bailey? There's no way. She might suffocate you with a ...a pillow or something." Clary spoke in a serious tone and our eyes locked.