.•eleven•.

okay, this is definitely strange, renjun thought, taking a step back from the blonde and holding the cup towards himself to make sure he wasn't hallucinating the whole thing

okay, this is definitely strange, renjun thought, taking a step back from the blonde and holding the cup towards himself to make sure he wasn't hallucinating the whole thing. well, the contents are definitely all over him....but he's not fighting back. he's....staring. 

"alright, you've got me. i'm officially confused, donghyuck."

"whatever for?"

"well, the clear lack of rebellion is sort of concerning. for someone who has drenched me in literal crap twice now, i expected some sort of....comeback?"

the younger nodded softly, standing from the bed and holding his arms out like a convicted criminal who had nowhere else to run. "fire away, ren. i feel like we both need this."

"dear god, who the hell are you, and what have you done with that asshole; haechan?"

"the fact that you aren't attacking me right now leads me to hope that you're starting to care about me?" the taller arched his brow cutely. "could it be?"

"ugh, no!" the brunette hissed, leaping back at his bag and grabbing more ammunition to throw at the boy. and so it continued like that; constant throwing, yelling, anger, hurt and much more that neither cared to detect. renjun was going all out, eyes welling up with blurriness as he released all his inner frustration onto this person.

"i'm sorry," was all the blonde repeated every once in a while, and it was so damn hard to accept.

"i work so fucking hard every night!" the older raged.

he's swearing, hyuck thought, he's serious...

"people like you don't understand how difficult it is staying up all night, three or four nights a week! y-you bring boys in here all the time, and it's so frustrating repeating myself every time!" more food was tossed, some of it was a mash-like substance, other parts more solid. more to the point, it was grotesque.

"i'm sorry."

"no! you aren't sorry! you attack me during wars when i am openly defenceless! what is the deal with that, huh?! why am i your target?"

donghyuck remained silent for that question, thinking that renjun knew the answer to it quite well by now. at this point, he was covered from head to toe in god knew what, and he wondered if even this was enough to start him on the right track. hell, was now even a good time to use the 'last time' card on him?

"ugh! still holding your tongue, huh?! what's up with you tonight? i'm finally acting out and you're doing nothing...."

"well....i'm glad you're here. i suppose i'm somewhat glad you're getting all this off your chest as well."

has he gone clinically insane overnight? the older wondered, feeling as though he was fighting a brick wall now. this whole plan had anticipated some push backs and snarkiness....not complete submission. "i don't get it. i don't get you."

"come on. is that all the food you've got?" the blonde taunted playfully, flopping his arms down and remaining in the same place. "finish me off, captain."

renjun gritted his teeth, picking up a mixture of spaghetti and porridge, both smelling putrid together. hurling it at him, there was no longer a sense of victory or pride like there had been to begin with. he was merely gazing upon a male who seemed unarmed and ready to be annihilated. "p-please say something.....i'm not sure how to feel right now."

"is that all?"

the very heart inside the chinese teen's chest tightened now that he had gotten that vengeance he'd desired for a while. it was all according to plan, and nothing had gone wrong....yet none of it felt right either. his fingers were covered in mush, yet that was the least of his problems. he pushed his fringe back off his forehead with his clean wrist and sighed defeatedly. there was no winning with lee donghyuck. "that's...." oh no, i'm crying, he inwardly panicked. "that's all...."

droplets of despair and confusion dripped from his ducts and trailed solemnly down along his nose. eventually, their course led them to the eternal abyss of fabric, as they fell from his chin to his shirt.

"oh, renjun...." hyuck whispered, immediately dashing over to fix what he'd possibly done wrong. "wait, i didn't mean to make you cry. genuinely, i thought this whole thing would make you feel better....not make you cry."

"i-i'm not crying, stupid!" the brunette croaked, trying to turn away from him and wipe his face, though failing altogether. two warm, soft hands grabbed his shoulders and forced him to face the taller again.

"well, obviously you are, and i don't want to be the cause of those tears. what happened? i thought for sure covering me in–" he motioned up and down his stained and filthied clothes, "this, you'd be laughing."

"i thought so too! but you're ruining it by being all nice all of a sudden! why the hell...?"

"because i've had something to tell you," he confessed. "for a while, and in fairness to me, i've been through this a hundred times."

"oh donghyuck, not this again..."

"c'mere, you big baby," hyuck ignored his comment, pulling him in and towards the bed. they both lay on it together, one content beyond relief, and the other extremely uncomfortable and awkward.

"you know, i've decided to make this my last time," the young teenager yawned, curling up into the disciplinary committee member's body on the right and inhaling the fine delicious scent he emitted - fruits of the forest. "are you ready, huang renjun?"

"no..." he grumbled with a small blush, "i'm never ready for your surprises."