C H A P T E R T W E N T Y- S I X

Song: Needed Me by Rihanna

XANTE FELT LIKE HE was on top of the world

XANTE FELT LIKE HE was on top of the world. His calculating grey orbs assessed his surroundings, noticing how he seemed to see things. The title of the bottle of scotch left on the bar almost 50 meters away, the twinkle of the diamonds in the chandelier, the hard, patterned fabric of the leather couch. He felt his fingertips tingling with power as he headed down to the bare room that the prisoners were held in. Before he entered the room, Alessandro spoke in a hiss.

Let us have a deal. You will have a turn and I will have turn. If you get the information within an hour, I will refrain from making fun of you for a week. If I get the information within an hour, you have to order a large extra cheese pizza.

Xante's lips pulled into a smirk and he gave the demon in his head a mental nod at the thought of not having nightmares for a week. After all, he needed a clear mind to find the love of his life.

An hour and thirty minutes later, Xante came out of the iron-barred room, white button-up bloody and a growl on his face. He had tried everything. His hands, blunt tools and sharp tools, but those two bastards refused to talk. They muttered in their local language every time Xante took a hit, mocking him.

In his head, Alessandro had a sick, smug grin on his face at Xante's failure. Then, Xante felt his eyes close and open once more, feeling his pupils and irises fade into his scleroses, white eyes boring into the metal gray door in front of him.

My turn.

Xante felt the door open with a raise of his palm. This partnership was unnerving. Usually, when Alessandro took control, Xante felt locked in his head in a cage. Then, it was like he was watching a movie where his body was the main character, only, he had no control. Now Xante was looking over his arms, looking at what Alessandro was looking at, only, Alessandro was in charge of the control of his body, while he stood next to the demon.

Alessandro entered the room and leaned on the metal door with a cold smirk.

"Good evening," Alessandro coldly whispered in the extremely silent room, and Xante felt the temperature in the room drop, "I'm afraid that you know something that I need,"

If I get them to talk without touching them, we're getting two pizzas.

The bloody man on the right sneered at Alessandro, while the one on the left spat at his feet. Alessandro let out a tut, shaking his head.

"Wrong answer. Shall we try again?" Then, Alessandro raised his hand slowly and the prisoners began to painfully choke, gasping for breath as blood dripped from their mouths. The cold grin grew as the spaces between their ribs visibly grew in size, "I've always wanted to try that on someone. Works beautifully, I see,"

Xante was appalled, What the-

I am so getting two pizzas today.