Chapter 21: Reactions

3rd POV:

The heroes of UA were all sitting in the auditorium of UA with all of the students. Those that had provisional licenses and those that didn't have them, each and every single student was in the room with the staff. The reason was due to the recent events over the past week and a half. There was the Kamino incident where All Might came to an end and Yagi Torhisonri was revealed. There was the rise of the Verdant Emperor and his men. There was their declaration of war. There was a declaration from the government suspending due process for almost anyone that supported the group. The declaration of execution for Inko Midoriya. The failed execution of Inko Midoriya. The fall of the national diet building. The conquering of Osaka. The reveal of the UA traitor and his death. The conquering of Wakayama. All of these were shocking events that happened back to back within a span of a week and a half. As such, the staff felt it was needed for a school body meeting to happen and for the students to ask any questions that they wanted to ask. 

The questioned ranged from if they were safe to if they should leave UA to ensure that they weren't targeted for being associated with the school. Nezu spoke up and calmed everyone down. "Now please calm down so we can talk and hear everything. An ectoplasm clone will come around and hand a mic out if your picked to ask the question but I will start with what we know so far so it might cover some information you might want to know." Nezu stated and started to speak. "As it stands we know the following about the Verdant Emperor and his Verdant group. His name is Izuku Midoriya born here near here in the Shizuoka Prefecture. He was born to Inko Midoriya and Hisashi Midoriya. Nothing is really known of Hisashi Midoriya at this time since the man left the picture when Izuku Midoriya was declared quirkless at the age of four. From there and from what we can gather, Izuku Midoriya suffered relentless discrimination and physical violence at the hands of his classmates and severe neglect at the hands of teachers. The only person that showed love and care for Izuku Midoriya was his mother Inko Midoriya. He suffered through this life for a decade before the final last day where he met All Might after a villain attack. Izuku Midoriya asked All Might if he could be a hero while being quirkless and was told no. It's our belief that this set the stage for what he did next." Nezu said and paused to take a drink of water and then started talking again.

"He was left on a roof after being told no and soon left it and found himself at the villain attack of the sludge incident where some of you might remember 1-A Katsuki Bakugo was involved in and held hostage. Izuku Midoriya got involved and bought some time to save him before All Might arrived and saved the day again. Izuku was then scolded by all of the heroes on site for rushing in when none of them did anything, to begin with. Izuku then left and was found again by All Might who attempted to correct his statement but... it was too late. Izuku Midoriya heroic drive to be a hero had been destroyed due to All Might and the previous heroes' actions. This boy kept himself going for 10 years in the hope of All Might's word that anyone could be a hero and then was crushed one final time before he set off and started planning. He faked his death which caused everyone to stop looking for him after one month since qurikest views. The police dropped it since quirkest officers didn't want to look for a quirkless child who was likely dead. This allowed him to operate undetected this entire time until the Verdant group started to show themselves with all of the attacks on UA where they prevented them from succeeding. They were building up to the final showdown between All Might and All For One where they had the world's attention due to the fight and announced their presence to the entire world. We don't have much information on their group at all nor their current membership numbers but we expect in the several thousand. We also have the issue of one of the Verdant Guards, who are what we assume the most loyal and strongest members of the organization, has a cloning quirk that allows them to clone their own members which increases their numbers and stops us from getting accurate membership counts. Any questions based on all of this information?" Nezu asked and everyone was silent but one person raised their hand. It was Uraraka. Ectoplasm moved over and gave her the mic.