13

"Alright, I am here! Anyways, we'll start now. Right. It's basic hero training! Long time no see, boys and girls! How have you been?" All Might hurriedly ended his greeting at the training grounds "For this time's basic hero training, since you've all come back from your internships, we'll have some fun with a rescue training race!"

Iida's hand jolts into the air. "If we're going to do rescue training, why aren't we at the USJ?"

"That place js for disaster training. Do you remember what I said? That's right! I said 'race'! This is Field Gamma! A dense area filled with factories laid out like an intricate labyrinth! You'll break up into three 5-person groups and one 6-person group go through the training one group at a time. When I send out a distress signal from somewhere inside, you'll all start at once from the outskirts of the city! It's a race to see who will rescue me first!" All Might pauses and turns his gaze at Bakugou.

"Of course, you'll have to keep damage to buildings to a minimum."

Bakugou turns his head, annoyed at the hero's comment, even if he was right "Don't point at me!" Iris, who was standing next to him and Kirishima, snickers at the comment. "All right! First group, get into positions!"

The first group consisted of Deku, Mina, Sero, Ojirou and Iida. "Who do you think is going to win?"

"I think Sero's got this! This terrain is definitely for him!"

"I think Midoyia is at a slight disadvantage, because of all the bones he would have to break, huh?"

"I'm voting for Mina because she has an athletic body!"

"Deku is going to be last!"

Iris didn't answer the question out loud, but she did agree that the place was basically made for Sero. It would be very easy for him to get across.

All Might released his location, which started the race. Sero, as expected, was first in line. Iris watched the race carefully.

Something is different this time, I can feel it. I'm sure Sero is going to win, but...

The reason Iris thought this was because she felt a burst of energy. It could be Deku trying to use his quirk, but ut feels more controlled and there's not as much energy used. Suddenly, a figure dashes past Sero. With great speed, he jumped from one obstacle to the other with ease. Everyone was in complete shock.

It was Midoryia.

The way he used his quirk was different and his moves looked similar. Iris looks over to Bakugou.

Oh, he's pissed, isn't he.

Uraraka makes a remark "Those moves, he's jumping around...just like Bakugou!"

Iris felt Bakugou's aura spike up with frustration. His face didn't contradict his feelings at all.

Deku was doing so well. He impressed everyone. Oh come one, I can do that too~

Until he slips and falls. Naturally, that meant that he wasn't the one to 'save' All Might. I figured Sero would win, he just has more experience. At the end of the race, Sero was given a ribbon for his win and the rest of the group, a booming congratulations for their improvements. All Might seemed extremely happy with Deku as well.

The second group was up next to get into their positions. Iris, being in that group, wanted to show off a little and chose her starting line on the floor while the others were on higher platforms. Sorry, Deku, I can't let you hog all the spotlight now,can I?~

Back at the TVs, the students were anticipating the winner of the next race. "The people in this group are not as good in mobility as the last one I think. Who do you think is going to win?"