CHAPTER •°• fourteen

RIGHT THE NEXT DAY Sirius was walking with James to the library. Potter had a meeting with Evans there - she wrote him the other day that she was sorry about her hurried reaction with him inviting her on a date and that if he still wanted that date, they should meet. 

That's why now James was heading there and Sirius was with him because he knew that Remus also was in the library, except that with that Ravenclaw, Dylan. Black didn't tell anyone yet about his plan of inviting Lupin on a date and honestly, he wasn't quite certain whether it was actually a good idea.

After all, maybe his first guess was correct and Remus was only jealous cause he wanted that silver necklace. 

So Sirius, even though he didn't want to bother James and draw his attention to something that wasn't Lily, he finally decided.

He had to ask someone for an opinion and as James was the only person available at the moment - and also the only person who's opinion he would validate. Mostly because his only other possible option was Maggie and Maggie would always tell him to go for it.

So, even though James wasn't a perfect advisor either, Siriuis spoke.

"Hey, euhm..." He laughed awkwardly, interrupting the comfortable silence that was between him and James. "So, I kinda lied." He admitted and James blinked rapidly, interrupted in the middle of a thought.

"Okay?" He asked, not really understanding in what matter could Sirius possibly lie to him. "I'm not sure I..." He started, but before he got to finish, Padfoot explained.

"I'm not going to the library to study." He announced and James frowned, seemingly confused.

"Uhm?" He muttered. "I mean I thought you only said that you're going to study so that you can see me fail in inviting Lily on a date again." He admitted and Sirius frowned, perplexed.

"What?" He asked. "Why would I do that?" He asked and James shrugged.

"I dunno, I just don't think you ever went to the library on your own, just to learn." He said and Sirius flashed back on all his education in Hogwarts.

Surely he had to go to the library to study alone, at least once. Like he had decent marks, it was impossible that he never came there to at least find a book to write an essay or some other shit.

But... there was actually nothing. As far as Sirius could remember, whenever he went to the library he either was there with someone else and mostly interrupted them or came there to find someone and interrupt them.

"Well I didn't but..." Started Sirius and then shook his head. He had to focus, because they were getting disturbingly close to their destination. "That's beside the point." Black took a deep breath. "My point is that... I want to invite Remus on a date." He revealed finally and James stopped mid step.

"What?!" He shook his head, smiling so widely that it seemed unnatural. And creepy. And like he knew something that Sirius didn't know. "Bro, fucking go for it!" He shouted and Sirius blinked a few times.

Well, that would be it if it came to asking someone for their opinion. It seemed that James was as uncritical as he imagined Maggie would be. Hopeless, just hopeless.

"But are you sure?" Sirius swallowed. "I mean I don't even know whether he's into boys. He only ever dated girls." He pinpointed but James only snorted loudly, starting to walk again. Sirius also came back to marching just next to him, as Potter answered.

"As far as he's concerned you are dating a girl at present." Argued Prongs, his tone cocky and mocking. "And yet you're everything but straight." He added, on what Sirius only huffed.