Chapter 32- The Dinner

Whoa Baby

Chapter 32- The Dinner

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." ― Robert Frost

My mom wanted to have an evening with the Ace's. Meaning she wanted to engage in an evening with JC and Carrie. I didn't understand how come she wanted to do this. I mean, I'm doing perfectly fine with JC and Carrie swings by every now and then to see me. She's always in a happy mood. We have decent conversations and she's always trying her best to help. Mom thought dinner would possibly bring our two families closer together; due to recent events. If I were to suggest to my mother five months ago that we should reunite with the Ace's she probably would have given me a lecture about reasons why we don't mix well. Like water and oil. But seeing how we're all stuck together due to a horrible few hours between girl and boy with the result of a baby growing in me; a dinner seemed to make sense now.

I didn't approve of this one bit. I'm actually pleased with how everything is working out and my relationship with the two Ace's. I liked dealing with it on my own and being in control. But never the less, my mom is the boss. So when she says we're having dinner at six o'clock sharp Friday night, we're all forced to have dinner. It must be serious too if mom wasn't going to church for youth group. Being the pregnant teenage girl with raging hormones all day I slept and argued until it was quarter to six. That's when I decided to take a long hot shower to cool down my nerves.

As much as I preferred to put on a comfortable pair of sweatpants and a tee shirt I knew my mother would send me back to my room and change. So instead of wasting time I stuck with one outfit that would be approved. It was casual for around the house with guest over and I felt rather comfortable in it. An emerald green, long sleeve, cotton shirt that I bought a little too big, a pair of black leggings and slippers that I wore around the house. I combed my hair in the mirror and decided I needed to put in earrings so I went to my room to find them.

I searched for my earrings and ended up finding a simple bow ring that I thought went missing. It used to be able to fit on my middle finger of my right hand but now it would only fit on my index finger. I needed to cut down on the salted food. When I found my earrings I went to the mirror to put them on and from the corner of my eye I noticed something. A wooden rocking chair in the corner of my room beside the crib.

I turned facing the rocking chair that hadn't been there this whole day. Someone must have just put it there. I went over to it smelling the fresh wooden sent. One of my throw pillows was placed on the chair and a note was attached to the arm in blue string. I opened the note and read the chicken scratch hand writing that surely belonged to a male.

You needed a chair. I needed a challenge. Hope you like it.

-JC

I closed the note and looked back at the chair. How did he get this up here? Curious I sat in the chair wondering how comfortable it was. Usually I don't like rocking chairs because they're hard and once you get up your butt is soar. But this chair seemed to mold my butt perfectly. My back and butt were leveled in a perfect position. There was no squeak when I rocked it back and forth and my feet actually touched the ground without me slouching.

JC did this? The question now is did he buy it or make it? My guess is that he made it. JC was always good with hands on things. I remember he took woodshop class and he did so well putting everything together. I wouldn't doubt it if he made it. It makes sense now why he smelt like wood all the time. He was building me a chair. That's thoughtful of him.