Storm, Earth, and Fire (🔞)

The rest of the five girls gathered inside the small shed overlooking the beautiful beach amidst the raging thunderstorm. The subsequent downpour followed by the sudden occurrence of small but strong waves embraced the usually bright shores of Bora-Bora caused the majority of them to get off the waters and do a head count.

A middle-aged looking man followed by a really young looking girl in her mid-twenties both dressed in life vests approached the shed with droplets of water coming from their drenched bodies.

"How did it go, sir? Did you get any signs of them both?" Soyeon asked in English with a concerned tone.

"I'm really sorry, but it really is hard to navigate with the flashing waves," answered the man. "I'm afraid we need to call off the search otherwise we'll risk getting capsized."

"But what about our two members; I mean they're literally lost in the middle of a storm," Yuqi interfered with a worried echo on her deep voice. "They're with nothing else but their jetski, sir, and they've been missing for almost an hour already. I'm sorry for being too persistent but I'm just worried for them."

"Yuqi, calm down," Miyeon said as she placed her hand on her younger member's shoulder. "Being impatient won't do anything to get them both here now."

"We understand what you're feeling, ma'am," the female rescuer replied. "We really tried our best with what we have, but with the raging waves, the torrential rain, and the approaching evening we really can't just go through the waves and scour the seas for them. It's just really dangerous. We sincerely apologize, ma'am. We did what we could do but visibility is really a serious problem."

"It's okay, officer, thank you. Yuqi-a," Soojin turned towards the young Chinese member who's really growing anxious with the passing hour. "Relax. There's nothing we can do about it. Let's just hope for Y/N-nim and Minnie-unnie's safety out there in the rain. I know they're just out there and knowing them I'm sure they'll be looking out for each other's backs."

Yuqi let out a really long sigh.

"I'm sorry unnie... I'm really worried."

Soojin gave her an encouraging smile before brushing the younger member's hair with her fingers.

"Don't worry about it, ma'am," the male rescuer said towards her. "If what your youngest member saw was true and that two of the lost people went towards the direction of the mountain's island, then there's a large chance that the two of them got there before the rain even started."

"It's true. I saw them both race towards the island rock thing right before the skies went dark," Shuhua said towards Yuqi in assurance.

"Then let's just hope that they find shelter if ever they're there. The mountain has small sheds that tourists use as rest spots during hiking. It hadn't been used for a long time and some might even be dilapidated but they're there. We'll be monitoring for the entire night and the moment we deem the waters to be safe for travel, that mountain will be the first place we'll search and we'll put it on a priority."

Soyeon gazed towards the direction of the mountain island even through the rain and the crashing waves.

"Please be there. Please be safe, Minnie-unnie, Y/N-nim!"

---