32

My true love hath my heart, and I have his,
By just exchange one for the other given:
I hold his dear, and mine he cannot miss;
There never was a bargain better driven.
His heart in me keeps me and him in one ...

~~~~~~~~

friday april 30th 2021

i found early morning to be my favorite time in austria. 

i woke up this morning to the smell of freshly brewed coffee, and opened my eyes to a light softly hitting the bedsheets, the pale walls glowing softly under the morning rays. the house was completely silent, aside from the slight breeze coming in through the window, mixed with the subtle orchestra of chimes blowing outside in the spring air. 

as i approached the door, the smell of coffee grew stronger, and a faint sound of classical music on what sounded to be a record made its appearance. emerging into the hallway, the music grows louder, and i hear small footsteps around the corner.

wil is dancing around elegantly in the kitchen. i stand at the corner of the wall quietly, watching him with a smile on my face. adjusting my footing, the floorboards made a small but noticeable creak. wil made a small sound and jumped before turning to me and wiping his forehead in "relief" and ran to hug me 

while hugging me, he picked my feet off the ground and spun me around so fast i had to grasp onto his shoulder and close my eyes before he finally set me down and took my hand in his. switching the record out with one hand he looked at me from under his brows and kissed my hand before pulling my hips in and swaying with me, guiding me along the kitchen by hand, and foot. 

making our way to the window, he stopped and pointed his feet towards me, staring at me sweetly. 

"god i'm so in love with you lavender" he whispered before gently pulling my lower back and head towards him, leaning down to kiss me, feeling his way to my jaw and holding it there. it was enough to give me butterflies. 

once we finally pulled away, wil bit his lip and smiled, before grabbing my hand again and leading me to the wood island where a plate sat neatly.

on the plate was 6 slices of bacon shaped perfectly to make a heart, and in the middle was a over-easy egg with little heart cut out in the white part. i looked up at wil confused but i saw that he was already holding up a little heart stamper with a grin, expecting me to be curious.

"oh! i almost forgot!" he exclaimed rushing over to the counter, grabbing a mug and another plate and setting it down in front of me. the plate also had heart shaped pancakes. he really did like the theme of "hearts" today. 

grabbing the mug, i looked down on it from above. the pillar of whipped cream on top was seasoned with brown sprinkles, and probably cinnamon. i took a sip. it was probably the best coffee i had ever had.

"wilbur i never knew you were SO damn good at making coffee" i stuttered, at a loss of words.

"i discovered a coffee press under the counter this morning. Moroccan i believe. i think the beans were Brazilian. i can't fully remember quite frankly" he replied. 

today was going to be a good day.