7. Christening pt. 3 - Apologies and changes

"And we're done," the photographer smiled, turning off the camera. Slowly, everyone started moving again, chatting with each other. As Victoria stood up, Kate reached her.

"Come with me, Vic, we're going to take pictures with Louis, you'll have one with him like for George and Charlotte," she carefully placed her hand on Victoria's back, who nodded.

"Yes, mum." She replied. Turning to get Charlotte, her attention focused on the only people who, except for her and her mother, were left in the room.

Harry and Meghan had moved near the window, and they were clearly arguing in a low tone, so no one could hear them. Kate had noticed them too. She scooped up her youngest daughter, holding her in her arm, and she smiled to her eldest.

"That's none of our business, my dears," she smiled. "Let's go."

Victoria followed her mother and sister out. Apparently Catherine hadn't noticed, or if she had, she didn't show, but the anger mixed with sadness in Harry's eyes were not lost on her. She wasn't used at seeing her happy, funny uncle turned into a sad, serious man.

A few minutes later, she stepped out in the gardens together with her mum and Louis, to take some pictures. It was a tradition that Catherine took pictures alone with her children, and Victoria had a picture with all of her siblings from their Christening days so for Louis it wasn't going to be any different.

"What about here, your highness?" The photographer stopped in the middle of the garden, "The light seems perfect."

Victoria nodded. "Yeah, of course." She took Louis from her mother's arms, resting him against her chest and she smiled to the camera. "Am I alright?"

"Yes, perfect, thank you." A few minutes later, she was done.

"Now it's your time," she grinned to her mother.

Catherine replied with a smile, getting her son back. "You can head back inside if you want, and enjoy some time with Louise."

The Princess smiled. "Thanks, mum. I'll tell everyone you are joining us in a while, okay?"

As Catherine agreed, Victoria turned and walked back to the House. Right in front of the entrance, Harry was waiting, staring at the garden.

"Uncle," she smiled, approaching him. Just like half an hour earlier, when they left the room of the pictures, he didn't seem happy at all.

Noticing his niece Harry smiled. "Vicky, baby girl," he wrapped her into a hug, pulling her up for a few seconds, causing her to laugh. Then, she placed her back down. "I've missed you," he said.

"I've missed you too," Victoria began playing with her hands, an habit she got from her mother.

She hadn't seen Harry since Trooping the Color. After the wedding, he and Meghan had left for a private honeymoon and when they came back, they didn't visit the Cambridges once, which was unusual as the prince had always been around Kensington Palace, at least for Victoria's whole life.

"Maybe you should have come and visited more often, then" Victoria's words left her mouth before she could stop them, and immediately regretted it.

"Meg wasn't really in the mood," Harry tried with a forced laugh. "Honeymoon, alone-quality-couple time and stuffs like that, I suppose."

"I see," the Princess cleared her throat, "George misses you. And Charlotte, too. You were always around and I-" she sighed.

"And you...?" He gave his niece a side look, smirking. "Say it."

Victoria smiled, embarrassed.

"Come on, I know what you was going to say," Harry insisted. "That you..."

"I miss you too, okay?" She smiled. "You are my uncle, and my godfather. I want you to be around us. I want Louis to know you, to remember your face" she said.

Hearing that, something inside Harry, moved. He nodded, wrapping his arm around his niece and goddaughter.

"I promise you I will, okay?" He kissed Victoria's head. "I'm not going anywhere, that's for sure."

"Happy to hear that," Victoria replied with a smile.

"Now let's go back inside, your father is probably wondering where you have been."

@kensingtonroyal Princess Victoria and Prince Louis in the gardens of Clarence House, following Princess Louis's christening

@kensingtonroyal Princess Victoria and Prince Louis in the gardens of Clarence House, following Princess Louis's christening. 📷 by Matt Holyoak

***

"I'm sorry."

As soon as the car had pulled off Clarence House, Meghan turned to Harry.

"What?" He replied.

The woman sighed. "For my behavior," she explained. "I crossed the line, I'm sorry."

"Thanks. I appreciate it." Harry's time was flat, but deep down he actually appreciated Meghan's apologies. He simply didn't want to show it, yet.

"No, really." Meghan went on. "And I thought about something."

"Something like what?"

"You know when... Last week, when I got sick, do you remember?" Meghan had a plan. She perfectly knew Harry's weaknesses, and how to use them in her favour.

"Sure I did." Harry replied. "Are you alright?"

Meghan smiled and nodded, playing with her ring. "Yeah yeah I am, but... There's been like... A couple days, when I was sick, that I..." She paused, like if she didn't know what words to use. "I thought I could be pregnant."

Harry almost stopped breathing, and it took all of its self-control not to ran into another car. "And that's how you tell me that you-?!" He babbled.

"What? No, no," Meghan stopped him. "I wouldn't of course!" She rolled her eyes. "I turned out to be wrong but in that couple of days I realized I wouldn't be disappointed by having a child."

Harry's heart was beating faster than ever. "So you're telling me you want to try to have a child?" His eyes were shining.

"Yes. I want. If that's fine by you, of course." She grinned, perfectly knowing that there wasn't anything in the world that Harry wanted more than having a child on his own.

"You're asking me if-?" He laughed. "Meg that's the best thing you could ever ask me," he reached for her hands, holding them. "I love you, babe."

Meghan smiled. "I love you too."

It was done. He was all in her hands.

***