chapter 21 ~ snow

mature language

//Dreams pov

The next few days with George are great and I couldnt ask for anything better.

He walks me around the city with him, showing me all his favourite restaurants and promising to bring me back to see the beaches in the summer.

Lots of the days end up being rainy, but today is particularily dry outside.

We're both sat in the living room, and the sun is flashing brightly through all the windows, lighting up the room.

George is sat with his back up against the couch, and I have my head in his lap as he tosses my hair around between his fingers.

"But I dont get why Mr. Darcy was so rude if he liked her, why didnt he just tell her?" I rant for about the sixth time today.

I wish he hadnt let me keep reading, now I needed to find out how it ended even though I have zero motivation to actually continue the book.

"I guess he didnt realize it at the start" he replies, not taking his eyes from my hair.

I hold the book up over my head, trying to force myself to follow the words along the page.

"I cant keep going, dont they have like, a dumbed down version?" I ask him, dropping the book into my lap but holding my thumb on the page ive paused on.

"You can keep going, I promise itll be worth it" he says to me, leaning down and lifting the book back above my head.

I drop the book back down to my lap, letting my thumb leave the page this time.

I lift my head slightly as I wrap one of my hands around the back of his neck, pulling his head down to mine.

I watch as his cheeks go slightly pink before they return back to their normal pale colour.

I cant help but chuckle slightly as I kiss him gently on the lips before I return to my normal position in his lap. I pick back up the book and start looking for the page id been on.

He smiles down at me and goes back to stroking his hands through my hair, but after a minute or two both of our attention turns from eachother to the sudden knocking on the front door.

George is about to get up when I hear Tommy thundering down the staircase.

"I got it!" he screeches as he runs down the stairs.

I hear the door open and another male voice starts talking to Tommy.

I feel like I can already guess who it is even though ive never met him before.

Tommy shuts the front door and I hear footsteps start making their way down the hallway towards us. The door is pushed open and Tommy peers in to look at us.

"Oh, yeah, Dream this is Tubbo" Tommy says to me as the smaller boy appears behind him.

He has tidly kept brown hair, and he looks how id expected him to. He looks taken back when he spots me and George.

"Hey Tubbo, nice to meet you" I say, smiling in his direction.

"Hello" he says, his eyes flickering back between me and George.

"Hey Tubbo, are you guys streaming today?" George asks, turning his eyes to Tommy.

"Yeah, so knock if you're coming in" he says to the two of us, and George nods at him before turning his focus back on me.

"Have fun" I say as they leave the room, and Tommy shouts back "we will".

As theyre heading up the stairs I can hear small clips of their conversation.