29 - Bad box dye

Εvelyn's POV

I kept walking and walking until I finally reached my house. My brain was so absorbed in Lindsay's words that I didn't realize how long I had been walking for, and before I knew it I was reaching for my house keys. In the living room, I saw Cole, who was playing a game on his PS. So focused on it he was that he didn't notice me walking in.

Or so I thought. "Mind telling me why you're late?" he demanded but his face was much softer than I had imagined. "Jagger and I had some catching up to do so we grabbed a bite after school" I explained, leaving out the part when Aiden's psycho girlfriend threw a glass at me "Was Black there?" he asked, as expected. "No" I replied, knowing damn well I was lying. Again. 

I stopped the conversation at that, not standing to be near him. Why did Lindsay call him a criminal? How does she know him and why is she butting in my family? I had no idea. So many secrets and lies, I didn't know who I could trust anymore. My head was spinning now as the adrenaline that was pumping through my veins on the way here was now gone, and I could feel the aftermath of the argument coming at me in waves.

I dropped myself on my bed and lay there, hoping that if I blocked what happened from my memory, it would disappear. Soon, I remembered who I was and realized it wasn't going to happen. Getting halfway up and resting on my elbows, I reached for my phone, searching for Bailey's number. I needed some guidance, some venting, and some good ol' girl time. Tapping her number, I called her.

Once, twice it rang before she picked up "Sup Hayes" I heard her voice from the other side of the line. "Hey, I'm kinda in a crisis here, can you please come over?" I explained and held my breath while waiting for her answer. 

~~~

"That bitch!" Thirty minutes after our phone call, Bailey was in my house and I was describing to her everything that happened at the diner. She was equally as pissed as I was, and had used some really creative terms to describe Lindsay. "I just want to lock her in a car with my brother and let him drive" she said and I laughed, nodding my head in agreement. That did sound like a good scenario. 

"You haven't even heard the best part yet" I said and she widened her eyes, almost choking on the piece of chocolate she was eating. "There's more?!" she exclaimed, shaking her head. "Bring it on, what did that piece of bad box dye do?" she asked, and I explained.

"Do I look like I need someone else to protect me? Look at you. You came to 'threaten' me at school and the only thing you kept saying was 'Do you know who I am?' 'Do you know who I am?'? Guess what, I don't care, you're just a stuck up little bitch who thinks she owns the world!"

"Said the sister of a fucking criminal!" I was too absorbed in the argument we were having to really process what she had said before that, but that made me regain focus. Said the sister of a fucking criminal. 

"Like why would she even make it about that? Everything is just so bizarre lately I don't even know what to think" I commented after I finished telling her what Lindsay said at the diner. Bailey was frozen, chocolate still mid-air. She shook her head as if to get herself out of the trance she was in "Right... it doesn't add up" she agreed. "Maybe Aiden told her something?" I asked, biting my lip. "But why would he trust her with-" 

Before Bailey could continue her sentence, her phone rang and she rolled her eyes, annoyed before answering and putting the phone up to her ear "What is it" she spoke, taking a bite of her chocolate "Not now, I'm at a friends' house" she continued, rolling her eyes, making me laugh at how little her patience was. "Does it matter who I'm with? I can't give them to you now, you'll have them when you'll have them" she said and ended the call, throwing her phone somewhere on the bed. 

I laughed even harder "Who was that?" I asked, taking a sip of water "Just Nash" she said and lied on her front "So what are you going to do about the whole Aiden situation" she asked, turning to face me. "Honestly, I have no idea. Things keep popping out of everywhere, I mean when was he going to tell me he and Lindsay lived together?" 

"Why do I think that it's all acting?" she said and I frowned "Explain, please", I asked and she did just that "Hear me out, from the moment Aiden came to Maryland, the last thing he's focusing on is her. He didn't mention her to you which is a good ol' red flag, nor did his relationship stop him from making out with you and repeatedly being flirtatious with you. I call BS." 

She had a point, but I couldn't tell if all these things were going on because the relationship was fake or because he was playing both of us. "Could be, or he just wants to have his cake and eat it t-" I could barely finish my sentence when Bailey's phone rang and this time I could see the contact name. "Speak of the devil" I commented and handed her the phone- three guesses who was calling. 

She chuckled awkwardly and fumbled her thumbs around the screen, not swiping to answer it yet. "Pick up dude" I laughed with her, making her laugh as well before answering and putting the phone to her ear. "Hello?" she spoke, and an idea popped into my head "put him on speaker" I whispered to her, and she did just that, seeming a bit reluctant. Okay? 

"Is Cole home?" we heard Aiden ask her, and she signed to me not to make a sound "How would I know dude" she replied. "Ivory told me you're at Eve's now tell me" he said and Bailey smacked her head, hard, while I prayed to the Heavens' that he wasn't coming here. "He is" she said "I'm outside her room, find an excuse and get down here" he told her and we both frowned. 

'What does he want' I mouthed to her, confused. 'I don't know' she mouthed back, equally as confused as I was. "No way dude, I'm with Evelyn. What do you want?" she asked and Aiden's response, along with Bailey's reaction made my stomach turn "We have to go to your place, I need the file"

The file? I knew I had heard that again but I couldn't remember when or why. Seeing Bailey's face, flustered with shock, I knew exactly when I had heard that again.

* Flashback: Bailey's house*

''You don't understand'' she said, putting down the tea mug and taking hold of the mysterious papers, sighing. ''These papers; these papers could change everything you think you know! You have no idea how much I've been dying to give them to you but I can't'' she said, tears escaping her eyes.

I need to get that file.

*Present time*

A hand covered Bailey's mouth as I looked once at her and once at the window, knowing Aiden was waiting outside. Running a hand through my hair, I mouthed at her 'Answer' and she shook her head, running a hand through her face before replying "I already told you, I'm with Evelyn, the best thing for you to do right now is leave" she told him, voice shaking, before she hang up on him. She opened her mouth to say something but I cut her off. 

"I don't want to hear it, I really don't. I thought that- you know what, I don't care. Go with him, give him whatever it is that he's looking for, I'm tired of everyone hiding shit from me" I said and got up, walking towards my room's door. "Are you really doing this?" she asked, stunned, and I simply nodded. She shook her head, grabbed her things, and before I knew it she was gone. 

Moments later, I received a text. 
Bailey: 
I'm sorry, it wasn't up to me. Call if u wanna talk. 

I sighed and closed my phone, resisting the urge to throw it outside my window. This was all too much and I wasn't sure for how much longer I could continue living like this. I love my friends, I really do, but I think the best thing for me right now is to focus on myself and try not to go crazy. I'm done with jealous girlfriends throwing glasses at me, I'm done with my best friend not being my best friend and actually turning into my crush who cheated on his girlfriend with me, I'm done with my friends being my friends but hiding everything and making me feel like I'm a part of some sick reality show. 

I was certain for one thing; I needed as much space as possible, and time away from these people. 

~~~

You asked, I delivered:) I hope you guys enjoyed Chapter 29 and don't hate me for where I ended it, I will try and get the next one up ASAP!

As always please don't forget to Vote and Comment to help ya girl
(◕ .̫ ◕)