Mission 21: Hero Internships and Contact from HQ

('Thinking')

"Speaking"

~~~~~Izuku POV~~~~~~

The next day after the sports festival, we were sitting in class. Well most of us, Bakugou was no where to be seen. His seat was empty, not that anyone really minded him not being there. He had basically isolated himself since day one, so not many noticed his absence.

I was concerned, but not out of care for him. I was more concerned with not having eyes on him. Especially now that I took his ability to use his quirk. No telling what he might do, I decided to contact HQ later with my concerns.

Aizawa:" Alright sit down and shut up, this is the only class for today so the faster we finish with this the faster I get to sleep. Got four things to announce, first Bakugou has decided to withdraw from UA."

" Second you'll have a new classmate transferring in after the internships end. Third You'll all be going on hero internship for a week, more on that later. fourth and finally you'll be picking your hero names with Midnight's help."

He looked around to make sure we all understood the massive info dump he just dropped before continuing 

" Now about the Hero internships, I will be handing out the offers to those who got personal offers. If you didn't get any don't worry, you'll still have an internship. Since I know you'll bug me otherwise if I don't tell you here is the list of offers."

1: Izuku Midoriya- 9648

2:Shoto Todoroki-7342

3: Momo Yaoyorozu-2304

4: Ejiro Kirishima-1228

Kirishima:" Not really surprised about MidoBro, but I never thought I'd get so many offers! Thats so manly!"

"I don't think its that surprising Ejiro, while your fights weren't flashy, you definitely showed determination and a strong will. Thats a important quality to have as a hero. Those offers are from those who understand that, so be proud." I said to him

Aizawa:" Shut it problem child, lets finish this up. I have to see the two loves of my life."

Mina:" You have lovers?!" I chuckled knowing what his answer would be

Aizawa:" Yeah, they are always with me. Now let me go to them." he said as he bagged up and went to sleep.

Mina:" I thought he said he was going to see his lovers?!"

" He did." I answered Mina before explaining " He meant the back of his eyelids."

After a couple of minutes, Midnight-Sensei came in and started to help everyone with their Hero names. I wasn't concerned as I didn't need one, but Midnight-sensei wasn't in the know about me so I guess I'll just go with something simple. 

After a while everyone has picked their Hero names. Everyone except me, since I didn't really need one I decided on using my callsign. I walked up to Midnight-sensei and showed her my Hero name.

" I decided on this for my Hero name, The Unseen Hero: Arclight."

Midnight:" It's a good name, but why Unseen Hero?" She asked

" Its because, I don't want to do tv interviews or any kind of fame. I just want to help others."

Midnight:" Such passion and youthful ideals! I'm getting abit excited! You're pretty strong too, I'm usually the S but I might not mind being an M for you." She said with a wink

I felt like the room suddenly got alot colder, I was scared to look at the source. No real need though, I knew how to fix this.

"Sorry Midnight-sensei I've already been claimed and I'm happy with her." I said as I pointed with my thumb towards Momo. 

Midnight:" Thats too bad, hey Yaoyorozu wanna share?" I was floored, I did not expect that answer.

Momo:" Not you too?! Just how big is that damn fan club?!"

I noticed a few of our female classmates flinched, and the guys looked just as confused except for Mineta. I decided I'd ask him what he knows later. During this confusion All-might came into the room and asked me and Izumi to step out for a moment.

I went along with it as it could be related to OFA, but was displeased about this. Soon enough both Izumi and I were in his office.

All-Might:" I wanted to talk to you two about your internships, I know you both got offers but I got one I'd like for both of you to take."

Izu-Twins:" Who/why?"

All-Might:" My old mentor Gran Torino, has asked for you two. Izuku he knows about OFA and will help your control over it. Izumi, he will help with your reaction times and help you get better control over your teleknesis. What do you say? Will you go to him?"

Izu-Twins:" Yes!/I refuse" they both looked at me.

I looked at their confused faces, I sighed an decided to explain.

"I know my control over OFA isn't complete, but I learn better out in the field. Besides while everyone is at their internship, I don't have to stay at UA as much. I have plans to head back to HQ and catch up on some work. Maybe I'll go check up on my team. Point is I won't be doing internships at all."

All-Might:" I see...... well can you make time to go see him at least once during the internships?"

"I can't promise anything, I will try. Send me the address later."

All-might:" I don't have your contact information....."

"..................... Get it from Nezu or Izumi later." I said making a mental note to give my contact info to Izumi at the dorms later. I left them behind and headed back to class

~~~~~~~TimeSkip/1-A Dorms~~~~~~

After classes ended, I met with Izumi and gave her my contact info. Ignoring the fact she was starting to get teary eyed, I walked into the common area. Spotting my partner, I motioned for them to meet me in my room.

I went into my room and waited, about 45 minutes later they showed up.

????:" Whats going on Arclight?"

"I need you to get a message to HQ, I want someone to keep eyes on Bakugou."

????:" I'll tell them, but I wouldn't count on it getting approved."

" What do you mean? Is something going on?"

????:" Yeah, Parabellum's being stretched thin. There's been other incidents at Ketsubutsu, Shiketsu, and Seiai. Nothing as big as USJ but definitely concerning, HQ is trying to pull more assets from our other branches."

" Has it really gotten that bad? Alright, if thats the case then there is nothing I can do about it. While I'm at it, any messages for me?"

????:" Yeah, since UA will be doing internships they are sticking me nearby at one of our cover hero agencies. I'll keep an eye on UA, they want you and Sandstorm to investigate a suspected villain hideout. If it turns out to be one, they want it raided."

"Alright, I'll contact her later. By the way, great job on your cover. Not even Nezu has figured you out yet. Keep up the good work, and welcome to Alpha. Take care of UA and yourself while I'm away."

????:" Thanks, I look forward to meeting the rest of the team."