S E V E N

~Neglect~

        ~Neglect~

The facet of my personality was denigrated and shunned. I was less than nothing, not even as loved as an object to be used. The despair of my fathers assault was more than I could bare. Yes, this wasn't the first time he had resulted to violence—but it still hurt.

When I looked up from the floor, my father was gone. No goodbye, no wishing me luck...nothing. Not that I expected anything from him.

As I stood up my body felt as if I had been bruised in every corner. My legs felt shaky and could not support my body yet my head was the only thing that was feeling heavy was my head. When I fell to the ground I must have banged my head on the ground.

The pain roaring in my ribs was throbbing. The harsh kick that collided with them left them aching and tender. My eyes squeezed closed as my face contorted-standing up I began to walk to the door with wet cheeks.

"Avalon?" A voice called once I stepped through the threshold. My arm wrapped around my ribs in an attempt to dissolve some pain as I looked up to meet Draco's gaze.

His brows furrowed once he noticed my beaten state. I could still feel my cheek stinging slightly and the side of my head was sore.

"What the hell happened? Are you okay?" He asked stepping closer to me, but on instinct I moved away from him-his face revealed a hint of hurt once I moved away from him with teary eyes.

I didn't want to be touched.

"I'm fine, Malfoy." I stumbled past his, holding the wall for support as I winced.

"You're not fine." He spat, blocking my path. "You're clearly hurt, you need healing." He reached forward for me again.

"Don't touch me!" My voice raised. His expression grew shocked as he took a massive step back, holding his hands up in defence. My breathing was heavy and short, every time I took an intake of breath there would be this aching pain on my side.

"Okay," he said calmly. "I'll stay over here okay?" His tone was soft and smoothing. "But, you're injured. We need to get you to the hospital wing."

He pitied me.

He felt sorry for me. Seeing me like this made me look weak, pathetic. Just like my father had told me. But, I didn't want his pity-I didn't want to be seen as someone who needed to be taken care of. I refused to be some kind of chore that people needed to sympathize over.

That's how I've felt my entire life. I was afraid that people would grow tired of me, that the people that actually cared about me would leave because of hoe broken I really was. So that's why I never told anyone about the abuse from my father, or Nolan. I didn't want them to pity me.

I didn't deserve it.

"Just leave me alone Malfoy." I sneered, walking around him. He opened his mouth to speak but I interrupted him. "I don't need you to care for me, so stop trying."