24

THANK U FOR 10K OMG

"So, he's your boyfriend then?"

"Yeah."

"How long?"

"6-7 months."

"I'm happy for you."

"Mmhmm."

Meredith sighs. "You know, conversation is a two way street."

"I have just seen you after ages since you basically didn't question my runaway. Yeah, the conversation is gonna be real peachy." Corpse takes a sip of his tea.

She sighs again. She brings up her petite fingers to pinch the bridge of her nose while closing her eyes tightly.

"I'm trying to reconcile."

"What makes you think I want to?"

"The fact that you're here."

Corpse fish mouths at that. "I could just be here for closure." He replies after a while.

"You don't care for closure."

"And you think you know me so well?"

"Corpse, please, I'm your sister and–"

"Who hasn't ever been around for me." Corpse interrupts.

"–even though I haven't been around, I care for you, and want to be there for you henceforth."

"Bullshit." He scoffs.

"Why can't you just believe me for a second?" Meredith drags her hands down her face.

"Why didn't you say anything? Why didn't you stop me? Why haven't you contacted me all this time, why now?" Corpse asks, picking at his already chipped black nail polish.

"You weren't happy back home–"

"It was never home." Corpse chuckles darkly.

"I thought you'd be happier if we let you go. Happier when you're not stuck in that hellhole."

Corpse doesn't say anything; he lets her continue.

"I knew you would never get to be free under mum's claws, so when I saw you sneak out, I didn't stop you. I didn't contact you all this while because how could I? I had no way to, and I didn't even know where you were heading off to."

They're silent for a long time after that. The chatter of the customers around them filling up the surrounding and acting as white noise. The conversation was getting depressing. He isn't even sure why he's here.

The thought of going back home to his boyfriend who must still be asleep is tempting. He would just sneak into bed with him again and pretend he was there all along, he'd get to see Sykkuno waking up and flashing him that uncovered smile when he realises that his boyfriend is sleeping besides him. But he knows Sykkuno wouldn't be too happy if he came back without even trying.

"You know, you could've at least tried to save me from mother's torture. You sat back and watched what she did to me and then you sat back and watched me go too."

"I know. That was wrong of me. I should've said something, I should've protected–"

"Speaking of our beloved mother, how is she doing? Still crying over our excuse of a father or has she–"

"Corpse?" Meredith interrupts him.

"What?" Corpse spits.

She just states with furrowed eyebrows, so similar to his own.