s1:ep17→the menacing spam mail

(A/N: ngl kinda hesitated to post this one lmao too boring for my taste (maybe it's because I've been staring at this for a v long time.) )

╭─────────────────╮

ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ¹⁷
❝𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙈𝙀𝙉𝘼𝘾𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙎𝙋𝘼𝙈 𝙈𝘼𝙄𝙇❞

╰─────────────────╯

"What in the seventh circle of hell? Who placed their trash on my desk!?" You glowered, looking around the classroom for the culprit.

"Sloppy bastards," you hissed, glancing at the horrendously cute envelope tucked in your desk and inspected it for clues -- the heart patterns, the sparkles and the 'please read' written in cursive wasn't of much assistance. You scoffed.

"Oh nice, you just got yourself a love letter," Kuboyasu marveled, mouth agape. He then looks at you as if you've just discovered the existence of gravity. Well, for someone like yourself to receive a love letter was a feat in itself. "Congrats!" he cheered, patting you on the back with a heavy hand.

"Huh, this thing's a love letter? That's a first," you grimaced, looking around the glittery envelope curiously between your thumb and forefinger as if the object carried an airborne disease inside.

Even Nendou can figure that out, The psychic remarked after he accidentally overheard your whole spiel.

"Heh, I doubt it," you sneered, carelessly opening the wrapping to see its contents, "I bet it's blackmail," or maybe it was misplaced, which was a very likely to happen. Would you feel bad if you open it and it's actually not for you? Maybe. You'd mostly feel irritated and throw it in the trash right after reading it.

Quickly flicking the folded paper, you read the contents loud enough for Kuboyasu to hear.

"'Dearest (l/n), my whole world changed from the moment I met yo --' Oh, what?" Your eyebrows furrowed.

So it is a heartfelt letter towards you. It was unexpected, if you have to be honest. The kind of letters you receive are mostly death threats, blackmails and electricity bills. Something as wholesome as this . . . should not even exist in your bastardous life.

Briefly skimming through the whole text, you slightly cringed. It's too wholesome. You feel bad to whoever fell for you.

Aren lightly laughed, "I didn't know you had it in ya!"

"I didn't know I had it in me either," you murmured, straightening out the little wrinkle on the letter, mentally apologizing for categorizing it as trash.

"How does it feel to get your first love letter?" He teased.

"Indifferent," you mumbled, your face tinging red, "What a coward -- should've said it to my face. What a waste of paper," you said, speaking faster than usual. Aren smugly grinned at your flustered state, the lenses of his glasses glints from the ceiling light.

"Not everyone's like you," He snickered, "Look, it says here that they want to meet you after class."

"Yeah, so? What about it?"

"You're going, right?" Kuboyasu queried, lifting an intrigued brow.

Should you go?

Do you even want to go to a deserted area where you have to awkwardly stand and listen to a brief discourse about how great of a person you are? You don't think the ego that you inherited from your papa can take that much acclaim.