E I G H T

~Hawk Manor~

                          ~Hawk Manor~

TW: Body shaming, abuse.

I felt something snap in my stomach, a twisting feeling and I was stood in front of the Hawk manor. My shoes hit the grains of gravel, Nolan's hand gripping my arm from the apparition. I felt slightly dizzy, my head spun with a lightheaded motion.

Watching as Nolan started walking towards the large oak doors, I wobbled lightly as I began to follow behind him.

It was late at night, I caught sight of a tint of white—the moon crescent revealing itself over the many tall mountains surrounding the manor. The brisk air was cold against my skin, it's strength forcing my hair to flow backwards slightly.

I was wearing a smart, sleeved black dress that rested just above my knees. A year ago this dress would have fit perfectly. However, due to the lack of food I've been consuming...I've certainly got slimmer. How it would have usually hugged my waist and curves tightly, this time it hardly complimented my body.

"Come on." Nolan called over his shoulder. I quickly walked over to him before he opened the doors to his manor.

The Hawk manor was decorated neatly. There wasn't a speck of dust to be seen throughout the whole house. It always looked welcoming, each bit furniture matching to make every room look perfect.

I certainly liked it more than my own manor, I was fond of any place that wasn't my own. 

"Athea!" Mrs Hawk beamed once I closed the doors behind me. "It's lovely to see you again dear!" Nolan's mother has always been kind to me. She treated me as if I was her daughter, a lot nicer than my real mother.

"You too, Mrs Hawk." I smiled as she wrapped her arms around my figure, squeezing me in a tight hug.

"You look absolutely amazing." She exclaimed, pulling away to place her hand on my cheek.

"Thank you!" I giggled before Nolan cleared his throat to gain our attention.

"Where's father?" He asked with a bored expression.

"Well hello to you as well, Nolan." Mrs Hawk rolled her eyes. "He's in the ballroom, they are ready for you." Her voice quieted down, features falling in a saddened state.

Today was the day that Nolan would become a death eater. Him receiving the dark mark was a long awaited trial, he was first informed about It a while ago. I haven't heard much about why he is joining the dark lord's side—only that he has something to complete near the end of the year.

Being in fifth year, I personally think it is a disgrace that Nolan is becoming a death eater this early on. We are still children—none of this is fair.

When we reached the doors leading to ballroom, Mr Hawk stepped out. He was a built, bulky man. Nolan was the spitting image of him, they had the same brown hair, dark eyes and stern facial features.