V. Depravity

♡ ♡ ♡Run, run, run away, and take my hand and we'll abandon this world♡ ♡ ♡

Run, run, run away, and take my hand and we'll abandon this world

Hanzō walked.

He disregarded the crowds and scowled, hoping to drive them all away.

He stuffed his hands in his pockets. With his every puff, white fog like steam engine exhaust left his lips, fading into translucent nothingness.

'Gurugurugu...'

A broken thing gurgles.

He glances, but doesn't stop walking.

A dark swamp green one eyed thing arched over a small cat—a kitten. Its pale blue eyes wide and its fur bristled. Scared.

The thing cackles and Hanzō briefly wonders how much negativity can be directed towards cats for a monster to target it? He doesn't know.

He turns his gaze away and continues walking. Not faltering at the sound of something like paper tearing. Nor at small crunching.

Hanzō walks.

He carried a brown paper bag in one hand and his phone in another.

He passed the same ally, and although he tells himself not to look he can't.

Burning bile poisons his mouth. He keeps it down.

Dried blood stained the dirty fabric the kitten had perched on. Clumpy like preserved strawberry jam, pieces of flesh littered around what little fur remained. He saw an ear, not much else. Maybe an eye, it might have been part of a paw.

He felt sick. 

Hanzō walked.

He just wants to be anywhere but here.

"Are you prepared for what's to come?"

Yes.

"Not at all."

"I'm still wondering why the heck I have to be executed, not to mention why Hanzō's being dragged into this. But I can't leave the curse alone. I gotta eat the rest of Sukuna, that's all."

Don't worry, I want to be here. Hanzō wants to say. He doesn't.

"I already know how I'm going to go out."

No, Hanzō grit his teeth, you're not. I'll make sure of it.

"Good stuff! You're really growing on me, kid." He squinted at Hanzō. "You on the other hand..."

"I'm a delight." He quipped.

"Ano, seriously, why is Hanzō-nii being involved?"

"He slandered my edamame kikufuku, naturally he has to compensate me for it." He stood up and cracked his back with many satisfying pops. "Plus, I don't think he'd accept it any other way. Not to mention he's already able to see the curses."