Chapter 41

Harry's POV

I heard the call hang up and I was coming back to the stillness that was my hotel room, returning from a gale of emotions overflooding somewhere in the middle of London and San Francisco.

Slowly I released the harsh grip of my phone, moving the silence echoing from it away from my ear. The way my world suddenly moved in slow motion in contrast to just a minute ago was almost mocking, laughing in my face at the chaos that was my head. It was as if someone had clicked pause meanwhile my head was pushed into fast forward, running away and moving too fast for me to be able to grip any of it.

As I moved to look at the dark screen that was my phone, someone pushed play again, bringing me back to reality. And it hit me, just like a ton of bricks.

In a swift move I raised my hand to harshly throw the phone on my bed, but stopped myself last second. While clenching my jaw to compose myself I instead sloppy pushed it in my back pocket as I began to storm out the room.

Slamming the door behind me I started moving down the hallway with one goal in mind, and in no time I had reached it. I felt the frustrated tears fighting in the corners of my eyes, but I refused to let them become anything more than that. Rapidly and gratingly I knocked on the door in front of me until it opened up.

"What are yo-" Mitch began but didn't get to finish as I pushed myself past him through the barely opened door into his small hotel room.

"Okay..." He muttered to himself under his breath when he realised the storm I was bringing with me. He turned after me as he closed the door behind me.

The composer I had managed to keep on my way here I now threw away with the phone I finally got to toss with force on his unmade bed instead, hoping to throw away some of the anger building up in me with it. But there was no release of those feelings, the motion only made it worse, making my insides boil.

"What the hell are yo-" Mitch began confused as he stood put and looked at the phone that was now buried in between his sheets, but once again I interrupted him, but this time with my words.

"I hate her." I murmured in a hiss after I had let myself fall on my back on the bed, hiding my eyes behind my hands but behind them the darkness only painted a picture of her captivating turquoise. I recoiled at the sight of them, not wanting that soft and sentimental feeling accompanying it to replace the ire and resentment I first reacted with.

"No you don't." Mitch stated quickly and surely.

I sat back up, looking at him seemingly disregarding me and moving closer to the drawer placed under the TV on the wall but it took no time for me to realise he was reaching for the minibar.

"But I do." I scoffed in between a chuckle, my animosity overflooding. Mitch took a few steps in my direction to hand me one of the two glasses with bourbon, his face not giving away anything. It only made me react stronger.

"She's unbelievable!" I exclaimed before letting the small chuckle build up to a full on laugh in disbelief. Mitch sat down in the armchair by the corner in front of me, taking a sip.

"She's so fucking selfish." I continued rambling on, "Now she comes around." I stated but not expecting an answer from Mitch as I let out my train of thoughts.

"For fuck's sake, I have Camille. I have a girlfriend! She's so fucking selfish." I hissed, almost spitting the words out with emotions that bubbled within me.

While raising the glass I thought before beginning to open my mouth once again. The burning sensation going down my throat matching the fire that burned me up. But before I got the chance to speak again, this time Mitch beat me to it.